Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web File Extension

In Preferences / Web / Reports / Files

In R11, I had the choice of selecting .htm or .html as an extension for my web files.
    In R12, they are automatically all .html

Is there a way to select .htm, otherwise I will loose all the Google search links. Of course I will also have to change all the .htm links on my website and hope that Google will reindex it soon.
    Attached Files
    Alain Farhi
    http://www.farhi.org

Re: Web File Extension

Originally posted by AlainFarhi View Post

In R11, I had the choice of selecting .htm or .html as an extension for my web files.
    This was an intentional change that we made in Reunion 12.

Sorry, you may have to change some of the links on your web page.

I think Google reindexes quite frequently.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      This was an intentional change that we made in Reunion 12.

Sorry, you may have to change some of the links on your web page.

I think Google reindexes quite frequently.
      I tried gobally changing the extension to .HTM this soved the problem with external links but then none of the internal links work.

This is a major hassle.

Is there a simple way of globally editing the links in a series of html documents (several hundred each with quite a number of links).

Comment

Originally posted by graememoad View Post
        Is there a simple way of globally editing the links in a series of html documents (several hundred each with quite a number of links).
        If all you want to do is change every instance of ".html" to ".htm" in all text files in a folder of files, BBEdit will do it very quickly. Any text processor with batch handling capacity will, I just happen to be familiar with BBEdit.
        Dennis J. Cunniff
        Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis J. Cunniff View Post
          If all you want to do is change every instance of ".html" to ".htm" in all text files in a folder of files, BBEdit will do it very quickly. Any text processor with batch handling capacity will, I just happen to be familiar with BBEdit.
          It is more complicated. In this case one only wants to change the links to the reunion database and not other links which may be .htm or .html

Comment

Originally posted by graememoad View Post
            It is more complicated. In this case one only wants to change the links to the reunion database and not other links which may be .htm or .html
            Still doable if the links to the Reunion database all say, start with a domain name that's different from the other links.
            Dennis J. Cunniff
            Click here to email me

Comment

Originally posted by AlainFarhi View Post

Is there a way to select .htm, otherwise I will loose all the Google search links. Of course I will also have to change all the .htm links on my website and hope that Google will reindex it soon.
              How is it possible to request that the htm extension option be reinstated in future versions? It was very useful for those that had custom made webpages with html and Reunion generated webpages with htm. Then a simple file search for the html extensions could cull out the custom pages to move them to a new Reunion update.
              Last edited by bill walker; 25 November 2018, 10:00 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
              X