"Children List" Viewing Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Children List" Viewing Options

In order to view a maximum number of children listed below the Parents Button in Familiy View, I want to reduce the child buttons as much as possible. In the Children section of the Family View screen, I've checked the "Show buttons as list." This changes the children display to a list, but the individual children's buttons are still too large. How can I change the height of the children's buttons ?

Re: "Children List" Viewing Options

Originally posted by ljirwin42 View Post
    In order to view a maximum number of children listed below the Parents Button in Familiy View, I want to reduce the child buttons as much as possible. In the Children section of the Family View screen, I've checked the "Show buttons as list." This changes the children display to a list, but the individual children's buttons are still too large. How can I change the height of the children's buttons ?
    If your view includes photos, the display size of the photo determines the height of each child's line. You can increase the number of lines visible by reducing the size of the photos, or by eliminating them altogether. Font size will also make a difference.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. There are no photos, and changing font size only makes a marginal difference. I appreciate your ideas.

Comment

There are no photos...
        Although you may not have photos, if the children buttons are still configured to show the preferred picture this could increase the size of the rows. If you go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Family View, Children

And uncheck "Show preferred picture in child buttons", this should reduce the size of the rows to about one row of text.

HTH
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. There are no photos, and changing font size only makes a marginal difference. I appreciate your ideas.
          To get the smallest possible vertical size, you also need to make sure none of your settings cause a second line to appear for each child. In the buttons section, make sure to select "Put Nothing under the name." Also, make sure any event fields you've included do not have "Date, Place" selected for their field information (the place always goes on a second line). With no second line displayed, height will scale more directly with font size.
          Brad Mohr
          https://bradandkathy.com/genealogy/

Comment

Brad, You get the brass ring. Following your instructions, I've fixed the problem. (Still learning after all these years!!) Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Although you may not have photos, if the children buttons are still configured to show the preferred picture this could increase the size of the rows. If you go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Family View, Children

And uncheck "Show preferred picture in child buttons", this should reduce the size of the rows to about one row of text.

HTH
              Thanks for reminding me, I was just wrestling with that issue!
              Jamie.

Comment

Working...
              X