X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by colinc View Post
    It's fine on my Mac, but not on my phone. It was set to 'less that 4' [I assume the default] on my Mac but it still worked.
    If the option was set to "less than 4" on the Mac, searching "de pass" should only bring up the "DEPAS or DE PASS, Hannah" - since the "DE" in that person's name is not at the start of the last name field, it won't be considered a prefix word.

It shouldn't bring up any of the entries with just "de Pass" in the last name field with that option enabled and set to 3 or more. If it's not working that way it could be a cache problem, and you would need to rebuild caches via File -> Rebuild Cache Files...

If the setting is changed to Sort on the entire last name and the Apply Changes... button is clicked, then Reunion on your Mac will sort/search on the entire last name.

There are no prefs on the phone to change AFAIK.
    This setting is transferred to ReunionTouch the first time you download the family file. If this setting is changed on the Mac, you will need to reset sharing (File -> Sharing Status... , Reset Sharing...), then open the file in ReunionTouch so that it updates, in order to have the change transferred to ReunionTouch.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• colinc
    replied
    Now I'm very confused Mark!

It's fine on my Mac, but not on my phone. It was set to 'less that 4' [I assume the default] on my Mac but it still worked. There are no prefs on the phone to change AFAIK.

Cheers, Colin

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Hi Colin,

Based on the screenshot from your Mac, it looks like you have Don't sort on prefix words with less than X letters (with X being set to 3 or higher) enabled in Reunion -> Preferences... , General, Prefix Words. When that is enabled, prefix words of less than X characters (like "de") are ignored for both sorting and searching.

That is to say: try searching just "pass" instead of "de pass".

FWIW, you'll find the behavior is the same in Reunion on your Mac -- searching "de pass" won't give any results, searching "pass" will.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• colinc
    started a topic Search not working on iPhone

Search not working on iPhone

I'm a bit mystified!

I did a search on a family name that should have returned in double figures, but there was only one hit. Here are the results from iPhone and Mac for the same file:
    Reunion iOS.pngReunion MacOS.png

Any suggestions?

Thank Colin
Working...
X