Can I sync Family File with Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I sync Family File with Dropbox

I use Dropbox to store copies of many files that I have on my MacBook. It works extremely well for my use. I have not implemented ReunionTouch. I use TimeMachine to backup my Mackbook on a regular basis. Without implementing ReunionTouch, is there a way to sync my Family File on MacBook with Dropbox, so it is always current?

If that is not possible, I know that Dropbox has the ability to sync files. Can I close Reunion and sync my Family File manually with Dropbox? I close Reunion when I do my TiimeMachine backup, so assume I would have to do the same with Dropbox?

You do not "sync" Reunion with Dropbox as such. You run Reunion from YOUR Dropbox folder on your MacBook. That family file still resides on your Mac, but is constantly backed up on Dropbox. My suggestion is not only leaving your family fils(s) in the Dropbox folder, but creating an alias on your dock. That way you don't need to search to open Reunion--It's always right there in front of you..
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Thanks !! I think I understand your comments on Dropbox. I know Dropbox now offers the option to offload the storage off your hard drive, but I prefer to keep the files on my MacBook and store a copy in a folder on Dropbox. I will create a folder on Dropbox for my family files.

Just to clarify your comment about creating an alias on your dock... if I use one family file almost all the time, opening Reunion from the dock would still get me to the right location. If I used many different ones, the alias would be a way to click on the icon on the dock that points to the frequently used family file. The old way would be to select off the "Open Recent" selection from the File dropdown in Reunion, if it is still on the list. Otherwise I would have to search for it.

Thanks again,
      John

Comment

Unless you want to pick which family file from a list every time, each family file would need it's own alias in the dock. clicking that alias would open that family file. (I have 3 in the dock)
        rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Working...
        X