Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Milne
    replied
    I am having the same/similar issues as Susan (continuous spinning wheel on an older iPad). I have raised this issue with Leister Technical Support.

Leave a comment:

• Bob White
    replied
    Mark: Is there any FTP protocol involved in the syncing? If so, I have an idea as to what is happening.

Leave a comment:

• Susan Freas Rogers
    replied
    Mike, I also have this problem repeatedly when ReunionTouch wants to update the file. I can open it at night before I go to bed (I keep my iPad on my headboard) and find that it wants to update, so the ball starts spinning. When I wake up the next morning, it's still spinning.

What I've discovered is that the file can be done updating but you won't know it because for some unknown reason, the ball just keeps spinning. So now, at the point when I think it's probably done updating, I close the app. Then I start it up again, and it works.

My iPad is an older iPad Air2. The never-ending spinning ball may be an issue specific to older iPads. But I don't think you should feel like you need a new IPad to solve this. Just shut down the app after awhile and start it up again and I think that will do it for you.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Something that may speed up future full re-downloads would be to remove/omit (or at least reduce the size/quality of) the large thumbnails. That can be done via:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Multimedia, Rebuild Thumbnails...

In Reunion on your Mac.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hobart
    replied
    At some point I should probably get a newer IPad with a faster processor and more memory, but since I am now retired I need to watch my finances more closely.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hobart
    replied
    Replying to my own post. When I waited long enough, the file downloaded, then it went into the Downloading Images and eventually the Downloading large images in the background phases. I guess it had been so long since I had to do a full download that I had forgotten how long it could take. I also had to make sure that I was using a higher speed wi-fi network. At first it was using a lower bandwidth one.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hobart
    started a topic File size limit?

File size limit?

Is there a file size limit in ReunionTouch? I have a large number pf individuals in my Reunion file, and when Reuniontouch on my iPad tried the latest "updating" of the file, it appeared to stall (taking forever). I tried deleting the file an the iPad and re-dowloading it from Dropbox. That showed the same forever downloading icon.
Working...
X