X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theKiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruth Edney View Post
    Most of the time when I open Reunion on my Mac it fails to automatically locate my file in Dropbox. Since this is the only place I have it, and the only place I go to to open the file, I'm not sure why this happens. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It's happened most of the time since Dropbox became a part of Reunion, but I just haven't asked about it before. I do have files I rarely use on my computer, and my photos, documents, etc. are on my Mac. This isn't a problem with my phone or iPad.
    You could navigate to the DropBox folder where your Reunion data file is, and drag the icon of the family file into the Dock - to the right of the separator bar (if the Dock is at the bottom of the screen).

Then to open Reunion and your family file, just click on the icon that is in the Dock

Roger

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 10.44.08 PM.png

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Hi Ruth,

Since this is the only place I have it, and the only place I go to to open the file, I'm not sure why this happens.
    Reunion will only automatically open the family file if the application isn't running when you click on the Reunion icon. If the application is already running, you will get the "Open" window asking you to select a family file, gedcom file, or chart file. This is likely what's happening here.

In other words, the way to ensure that Reunion automatically opens your family file when you click on the Reunion icon is to completely quit the application when not working on your family file. To do that, you would select:

Reunion -> Quit Reunion

From the main menu-bar at the top of the computer screen, or press Command+Q on your keyboard. Note that simply clicking the Close button (red circle) at top-left of the window does not quit the application, it just closes the family file.

In addition to the above, you may want to open your family file and go to:

Reunion -> Preferences... , Folders, Family Files

Then click one "Choose Other Folder...", and locate then select your Dropbox folder (or the folder in Dropbox containing your family file). That way if you do get the "Open" window mentioned above you should see your family file listed in that window, and won't need to navigate to Dropbox to open it.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Ruth Edney
    started a topic Finding file when opening Reunion

Finding file when opening Reunion

Most of the time when I open Reunion on my Mac it fails to automatically locate my file in Dropbox. Since this is the only place I have it, and the only place I go to to open the file, I'm not sure why this happens. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It's happened most of the time since Dropbox became a part of Reunion, but I just haven't asked about it before. I do have files I rarely use on my computer, and my photos, documents, etc. are on my Mac. This isn't a problem with my phone or iPad.
Working...
X