Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richardb7 View Post
    how I reactive the sync. ?
    This is normally a temporary state, as discussed in the manual - in Reunion 12 on your Mac, select:

Help -> Contents

(In the main menubar at the top of the computer screen.)

To open the manual, then search "sharing status" (no quotes) and read the entry titled, "Sharing Status, Mobile Devices and Dropbox Sharing".

In short, the "Suspended" status should resolve itself in short order. If not, send us an email (help@leisterpro.com).

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

What do you mean by "temporary"? I have seen suspended status last for days. Sometimes it takes deleting the family file from the mobile device (iPad) and re-dowloading the file. This is perhaps the most annoying action for ReunionTouch :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hobart View Post
        What do you mean by "temporary"?
        It should resolve itself within a few minutes - whatever amount of time it takes for ReunionTouch to get a response from Dropbox and see that sharing is no longer suspended for the file.

I have seen suspended status last for days.
        Try opening the file in ReunionTouch and leaving it open for a few minutes. If you immediately close the file after checking the status it may not be getting a response from Dropbox in time to update. If you have further problems please contact us directly via help@leisterpro.com

Thanks,
        Mark Harrison

Comment

I just picked up on this thread because I am encountering some of the same behavior that others have experienced. I have recently been getting a Sharing Status Suspended message in Reunion Touch, despite that fact that nothing has changed in my Dropbox or other settings on my Mac (macOS Catalina) or my iPad (iOS 13). I am running Reunion 12 (build 191105) on my Mac. My usual practice is to make all changes in Reunion 12 on my Mac and to wait for Reunion Touch to update my family file on my iPad. The issue occurs after I have made some change to my family file in Reunion 12. My internet connection is good, and the only way I have been able to reactivate Sharing is to close (Quit) Reunion 12 and/or Reunion Touch and relaunch them. Sometimes several quits and relaunches are required before Sharing is re-established. Not sure whether the problem is with Reunion 12, Reunion Touch, or Dropbox, but the issue is very annoying.

Comment

Hi Gary,

I have recently been getting a Sharing Status Suspended message in Reunion Touch...
            When you get this message, try leaving the file open for maybe 30-60 seconds or so and seeing if the message persists after that period of time.

My initial thought is that it's simply taking a little while for ReunionTouch to communicate with Dropbox. Keep in mind your internet connection isn't the only factor in determining how long it takes to get a response from Dropbox.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
            Mark Harrison

Comment

Working...
            X