Sync with Reuion: my stupid mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync with Reuion: my stupid mistake

When I upgraded my Family File to version 13, I neglected to delete the version 12 file in Dropbox. I also neglected to change the link Reunion Touch to the new version 13 in my Dropbox. Without realizing it, I made changes on my laptop (v13) and on my iPad (v12) for several months. I noticed they weren't syncing but I didn't know why.

I finally caught on by noticing the dates on the two files in Dropbox.

How I fixed it:
    I upgraded the v12 file to v13 in hopes I could see the Change Log--it was blank.
    However, the Change Log in the v13 file had everything I had done on my laptop since the upgrade. (The Change Log is a great new feature.)

I decided I had made more changes in the v12 file on my iPad anyway and I would hand-transfer the changes (not that many thank goodness) from the v13 file I had been editing on my laptop.*
    I opened both v13 files and placed them side-by-side.**
    I just went item by item down the Change Log from my Laptop.

I do tend to keep my old versions of Family Files as a backup--probably not a good idea.
    At least, I'll have to remember to keep only one file in Dropbox.

Sorry if this has already been discussed--I had to confess .

*I could have opened the v12 file in Reunion 12 and opened the V13 file in Reunion 13.
    **I usually don't like to have more than one file open in Reunion because it tends to be unstable--it did crash once
Working...
X