Reunion 12 and Ventura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion 12 and Ventura

A note to Reunion 12 users considering upgrading to Apple's new Ventura operating system, macOS 13.0...

Reunion 12 does not run properly under Apple's initial release of Ventura.

It is possible that Apple will address the incompatibilities in a future Ventura update - however, this is not a certainty.

Our advice to Reunion 12 users right now is to either upgrade to Reunion 13 (which runs fine on Ventura) or simply hold off on upgrading your Mac to Ventura for right now.

Information about Reunion 13 can be found here...
    https://www.leisterpro.com/doc/v-13/...13features.php

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

HI,
    I'm using Reunion 12.0 built 201114 and just updated my MacbookPro to Mac OS13 (Ventura)
    Since the software upgrade, I cannot add Children to a Family file. The drop down menu associated with Add children is not functioning.

Is the problem I have, is one of the incompatibilities you are mentioning, will be resolved with Reunion 13 ?...

Best regards,

Pierre

Comment

Hi Pierre,

Is the problem I have, is one of the incompatibilities you are mentioning...
      Yes, the problem you're seeing is one of the problems Reunion 12 has on Ventura. This is not a problem with Reunion 13 on Ventura.
      Gregg Witmer
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I'm running the latest Reunion 13 build on Ventura, and I see strange behavior in the text fields. I've found a few references to this on the web, but no explanation or solution. When I click into a text field, such as the Memo field associated with someone's Birth, the text in the field shifts a bit (a few pixels?) upwards and then goes back when I click outside the area. No lasting damage to the text; just jarring to see the text jump up and down like that. Is anyone else seeing this?

Comment

Well at this point I'm waiting until Reunion 14 is released since 13 has been out for a while.

Comment

Thanks, Gregg. I would add that non-level text edited in charts stopped working after Catalina in 12.
            Bradley Jansen
            OS 10.15.2 on a MacBook Pro using Reunion 12 and ReunionTouch 1.0.9

Comment

Many thanks for this information Gregg. I have just purchased a new imac with Monterey and am being asked if I want to upgrade to Ventura. I'm using Reunion 12 and will stick with it for the time being.
              Cheers,
              Carol

Comment

Carol: A curiosity question. In my nearly 80 years, I have only run across your last name one time. When I was growing up in Sacramento in the 1950's, our 3 doors down neighbors were Quirks. If memory serves, the kids names were Claudia, Ann and Jimmy. Relatives?
                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
                X