Family File Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family File Location

I installed Reunion Touch on my iPad yesterday. Then followed the instructions to sync with Dropbox. All seemed fine. But the family file remained empty. When I looked at the dropbox folder, I couldn't recognise any of the files it listed. So I deleted and went to try again. But the Reunion Family File had completely disappeared from my Reunion Files Document Folder on my MacBook.
    Luckily I had made very few changes and I restored from FMP. But what did I do wrong? I dare not try again.
    Jane

Your Family File should be in the Dropbox folder on your MacBook. It needs to live there for Dropbox sync to work. Location is Macintosh HD > Users > YourName > Dropbox. Also, you might want to read through the chapter in the manual titled Mobile Devices and Dropbox Sharing.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks Bob.. I thought I put it there. I dragged and dropped from Reunion Files. I have read he advice but I’ll read through it again. So, if the file is in the Dropbox folder does that mean it isn’t any longer in my Reunion Files folder? That would explain why it disappeared. I deleted the file from Dropbox on my iPad because it was gibberish.

Comment

Originally posted by janelucas View Post
        ............... if the file is in the Dropbox folder does that mean it isn't any longer in my Reunion Files folder? That would explain why it disappeared. I deleted the file from Dropbox on my iPad because it was gibberish.
        Yes... if you are doing ReunionTouch, the family file must only be in the Dropbox folder. Since you deleted the copy on the iPad, have you tried another synching? If not, try it. If it ends up being gibberish again, you may need help from the Leister crew. They know lots more wrinkles in Dropbox than the rest of us.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thanks Bob. Yes, I tried again and all seems fine except for pictures. This time I left it to do it’s own thing for a while. I wonder if there was a break in the wi-if signal or something. However not all pictures have synced.. looks like one per person.. being the first picture in the media file, and not the preferred picture either. The text showing the name of the rest of the images is there but the picture itself is missing. I don’t know why that is. But I hope reverse synch does not remove them from my laptop. Seems ok so far.

Comment

Working...
          X