Dropbox housecleaning — oops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox housecleaning — oops!

I inadvertently deleted what I assume to have been a file containing data on islands in the Reunion 12 installation on my iPad. I'd hit the limit on my free Dropbox account — what a flurry of warnings that started, coaxing me to add some headroom. Instead, I began cleaning house with gusto. As one file was starting its way out, I caught a glimpse of “islands” and was able to put on the brakes before the next file (“family”) followed suit.

I've made very little use of the islands feature. Before posting this, I checked both my Mac and iPad instances. All appears normal. My Dropbox file list shows an islands file, with a modification timestamp corresponding with a test change made in that island on the Mac. If I did delete that file, is its presence now to be expected due to the synching with my Mac? IOW, should I just leave well enough alone?

Thanks,
    Terry

Hi Terry,

Originally posted by Terry Smith View Post
    If I did delete that file, is its presence now to be expected due to the synching with my Mac?
    It sounds like you deleted the islands.state file. That file is used to store the names of the islands (if you rename them from the default "Island 1", "Island 2", etc.).

Basically, if you didn't rename any of the islands in your file, then you're fine. Reunion will just recreate that file with its default data.

If you did, you'd simply have to rename them again via the Islands sidebar.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Mark. Sounds like the name and suffix I saw racing by. Everything appears to be on track.

Terry

Comment

Working...
      X