Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I updated my Reunion 12, can I delete these old files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deb
    replied
    Originally posted by karan View Post
    Thank you Deb, your information is very helpful! What about if I still have files for Reunion 11?
    On the presumption that those files have already been converted to be used with Reunion 12, it is okay to delete them. (Note: you may want to consider making sure you have a backup copy of those version 11 files prior to deleting them. While you may never need to access an older version of your family file, backups are a good thing.)

Leave a comment:

• karan
    replied
    Thank you Deb, your information is very helpful! What about if I still have files for Reunion 11?

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    I own a Mac version OS Catalina and updated Reunion 12 today. I looked in my Reunion files and see 2 files were updated called Karen Family File12.family12 & other one is the same but a copy. I also have the same named file listed which was updated in Feb.2020.

Is it ok to delete the copy file that was updated today and the same file which was updated in Feb 2020?
    Yes. However, it is a good idea to make sure you have a backup copy of the files prior to deleting them just in case the wrong file is accidentally deleted. This can be done by dragging and dropping them (via the Finder) onto an flash drive or external hard drive or by using Time Machine to back up your entire computer to an external hard drive.

2nd question: I see that I have 2 Reunion multimedia files, they look to be the same, is it ok to delete one of these files?
    If you are certain that they are exact duplicates, it is okay to delete one of them. However, as suggested above, I do recommend that you back up the multimedia folder to a flash drive (or use Time Machine to back up your entire computer an external hard drive) before deleting it.

Also, before deleting one, it may be helpful to know where Reunion 12 is expecting to see the linked media items. Afterward, delete the other one.

To find out where Reunion 12 is looking (or expecting to see) the media items that have already been linked to people in your family file, open your family file and choose Reunion -> Preferences and click on Multimedia. The top section contains the location(s) in which Reunion will look for the media items that have already been linked.

I hope you find this information helpful

Leave a comment:

• karan
    started a topic I updated my Reunion 12, can I delete these old files?

I updated my Reunion 12, can I delete these old files?

I own a Mac version OS Catalina and updated Reunion 12 today. I looked in my Reunion files and see 2 files were updated called Karen Family File12.family12 & other one is the same but a copy. I also have the same named file listed which was updated in Feb.2020.

Is it ok to delete the copy file that was updated today and the same file which was updated in Feb 2020?

2nd question: I see that I have 2 Reunion multimedia files, they look to be the same, is it ok to delete one of these files?
Working...
X