X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis J. Cunniff
    replied
    Originally posted by Paula View Post
    Thank you Dennis, I tried that and I get this reply. Any idea what I need to do now? I tried googling, but didn't find anything about how to fix this problem.
    The file they sent you probably has extra lines. Mark will straighten it out for you, or at least tell you the problem

Leave a comment:

• Paula
    replied
    Thank you -- I'm emailing it now.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Hi Paula,

I would recommend emailing the GEDCOM file to us (help@leisterpro.com). We should be able to determine the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Paula
    replied
    Thank you Dennis, I tried that and I get this reply. Any idea what I need to do now? I tried googling, but didn't find anything about how to fix this problem.
    Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 11.03.41 AM.png

Leave a comment:

• Dennis J. Cunniff
    replied
    You can use the TextEdit program that comes with the Mac OS. Then use the Finder to change the filename so that the ending is .ged instead of .txt

Leave a comment:

• Paula
    started a topic How to import from a text file

How to import from a text file

I have a text file that has information on a branch of my family that I'd like to import into a family file in Reunion. It is from a Gedcom file that a deceased relative sent to a service called GEDCOMP. Here's the description of how the copy of the file was made: " you will be getting an email with your file pasted
    into it. The GEDCOM file is nothing but a text file with specially
    formatted lines, and you may have to manually copy the lines in the
    email into a text editor and then create the GEDCOM-file by saving
    it from that editor (giuving it a .GED extension)."

What text editor program can I use to do that?
Working...
X