Dropbox Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox Problem?

Being used to getting the Reunion is open on another Mac message.... I was quite surprised when I powered up my MacBook Pro and was able to boot up Reunion while it is open on my iMac. No difference in the file name. Not in the startup folder on either Mac. Both devices are on Reunion 12 (200127) and macOS 10.15.4 and Dropbox 93.4.273. Is this a new bug or a new design?

TwoReunions.JPG
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

I realize this is an old post, but wondering if this was an anomaly. I just replaced my MacBook Air 13" 2010 with a "new-to-me" MacBook Pro 13" 2017, deleted all old devices from my Dropbox and signed in with with my Mac Book Pro. I opened the Reunion v13 family file I had uploaded to Dropbox and it did, in fact, close on my iMac, which is what I generally use. Due to two unrelated cancers and the chemotherapy, surgery, etc., I now need to be able to work while resting in my recliner. This is certainly a hassle, to have to have the desktop version of Reunion close because I am on my MacBook Pro.

I have yet been able to locate the "manual" mentioned in the CD case of the older version of Reunion. I have always paid for upgrades when released. Is there such a manual as the Electronic Manual mentioned?
    Marilyn Howard, User of Technology since 1966, Apple Lover since 1975, Genealogy since 1972, formally. Wiley, Alley, Riggs, Frederick, Shinkle, Marrs, McClure, Speer, Gay, Warren, Lyons, and more....
    iMac 27" 2020, MacBook Pro 13" 2017, iPad Pro 11" 3rd Generation, iPhone 12 Pro. Reunion v13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by marilynwaswiley View Post
      I realize this is an old post, but wondering if this was an anomaly
      Yes. It is something that should not happen.

Originally posted by marilynwaswiley View Post
      Is there such a manual as the Electronic Manual mentioned?
      Yes. To access it, open your family file and click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window...
      Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 1.12.03 PM.png

...or click on the "Help" menu along the top of your monitor and select Contents from the menu that appears...
      Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 1.12.22 PM.png

I hope you find this information helpful
      Deb Stuller
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

To add to Deb's reply, I never did see that happen again. My vote goes for it was an anomaly. I didn't notice that there was no reply back then.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
        X