Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father and son's names greyed out alternately.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father and son's names greyed out alternately.

I've just added a husband and a son to a person already in my ancestry. When viewing the couple in family view, the son's name is greyed out and if I click on the son to view him, his father's name is greyed out.

The mother's name stays the same. Has anyone seen this before? I've tried searching the help document, but can't find anything. I perhaps am using the wrong search terms, but can't think what else to try.

The screen shot below shows the son's name greyed out. Any ideas what is happening and what I can do about it?

Cheers,
    EDITED TO ADD: I have just realised this is happening with other people in my tree, but I just hadn't noticed it before. Just wondering what it means please. Thanks.

greyed out.png
    Schedule
    Attached Files
    Last edited by N Merrick; 06 February 2019, 04:13 PM.
    Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

This is a visual clue. The gray text signifies that the child doesn't have children linked in the family file; or the parent doesn't have parents linked in the family file. The color (or shade of gray) can be modified in: Preferences > Family View > Children and Preferences > Family View > Parents. In both cases, you see a button to change the color, if you want to ("Children without children" and "Parents without parents").
    Frank Leister
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Fantastic! Thank you so much. Once I realised it was applicable to many more of my ancestors I knew it would be something useful like this, I just couldn't find what it was.
      Much appreciated Schedule
      Researching AUSTIN, BAILEY, WISEMAN

Comment

Working...
      X