X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colors and styles in Multimedia Comments

Originally posted by alan View Post
    Laurie,

In getting back to you original request; are you wanting to do something similar I have done to an old family photo ie?
    highlight in red and boxed the names of individuals in a family pic.
    If so, then I just used Preview and exported it to jpg format and placed it in the multimedia for the people concerned.

example attached - not sure how it will turn out due to its size.
    Alan
    That looks amazing, Alan! I may have to go that route.

What I'd really been hoping to do -- as I could in Reunion 9, and probably before -- was something AKIN to what you did, but within the Multimedia comments, rather than "on" the photo, itself.

So, for example, I wanted to be able to type, in the Comments box: "Back row (l-r): Person A, Person B, Person C," etc. And, the idea was that if only Person B was a relative (let's say A and C were just family friends), I'd put "Person B" in bold red text, to make that name stand out.

Hope I'm making sense! Thanks!

Laurie

Comment

Originally posted by fjvanbodegom View Post
      As far as I know, Reunion never has had formatting settings for the MM comment field.
      • Forgot the Control-click possibility.
      But you could copy-paste formatted text (color-bold etc) text in MM Comment field and it was accepted.
      From Reunion 10 it is not possible to copy-paste formatted text in MM comment field, it is converted to plain text.
      It’s funny to see that (as far as I know) nobody missed this possibility (from may 2012 !), till now.
      Actually, Reunion 9 (and maybe earlier) did have those formatting settings. I just took a screenshot from the Reunion 9 manual. It shows exactly what I'd love to be able to do in Reunion 12!
      Attached Files

Comment

Laurie: thank for correcting me, you are right, forgot to check the manual.
        Frans van Bodegom
        Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Avent View Post
          I have been using GraphicConverter (https://www.lemkesoft.de/en/products/graphicconverter/) for over fifteen years and unequivocally recommend it to anyone who documents their Reunion files with photos, especially old family photos. While there is a steep learning curve it is considerably easier than Adobe Photoshop® and is considerably less expensive.

Rob
          Hi Rob, I purchased GraphicConverter 9 in 2015 but find myself not using it because of, as you say, the steep learning curve (not to mention the non-intuitive interface). You've inspired me to take another stab at it, and I see there is a manual, tutorial, video and more which I've never opened. (But whatever the Hagens Manual is, that won't open, nothing happens when I click.)

I generally use Photoshop Elements or Snagit to work on images, but bought GC so I could batch-downsize images. All my Reunion files are in Dropbox (which I don't pay for) and I sometimes bump against my storage limit. U.S. Census files are generally way larger than they need to be, and downsizing those in batches would save tons of file storage.

Thanks for your helpful comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurie Sherman View Post
            Often, when I'm adding comments to photos, I'd love to be able to have certain words stand out, via a different font style, or a separate color. For example, in identifying the people in a group photo, maybe I'd like the names of relatives to stand out in red, or the names of people whose identity I'm unsure of to be in italics.

Laurie
            Laurie,Preview has all those features and more, in .png documents - multiple colors, text sizes, lines, shapes, etc. And if you try to use any of those features on a .jpg file, Preview offers to convert it to .png.

I prefer that because MM photos are 'always' visible, whereas the comment section is hidden because I closed the INFO box to make documents more readable without having to open them 'outside' Reunion. 😊

But good luck with your q. to Leister!
            -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
            MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
            MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Working...
            X