Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem opening a source from the Source sidebar

I came across strange thing today.

I've been creating a test file with a view of checking the import of a Reunion GEDCOM into various Windows family history apps.

No problems until I decided to use of type Letter. No problems creating it, but if I click it in the Source list it is NOT selected. And double-click doesn't open it.

I've created sources of types Free Form, Vital Record, Web Site, Email Message and Family Bible as part of the test; these all select and open as I would expect. But not Letter.

It selects and opens OK from a Source List. But changing its type doesn't seem to help.

If I Duplicate it, the duplicate works OK, and if I select a nearby one and use the up or down arrow keys, I can select it - once.

There are other tricks which sometimes open it, sometimes not, too tedious to detail.

I'd love to know what is going on here…

Reunion 11.0.12. I don't really need to go to Reunion 12.

Re: Problem opening a source from the Source sidebar

Originally posted by John Hill View Post
    I came across strange thing today.

I've been creating a test file with a view of checking the import of a Reunion GEDCOM into various Windows family history apps.

No problems until I decided to use of type Letter. No problems creating it, but if I click it in the Source list it is NOT selected. And double-click doesn't open it....
    Hmm...I'm unable to duplicate what you are seeing. Aside from the family file, are any other Reunion windows open at the time?

If not, perhaps the best way to proceed would be for you to send your family file to us. Information on how to send a family file to us can be found here.
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Hmm...I'm unable to duplicate what you are seeing. Aside from the family file, are any other Reunion windows open at the time?

If not, perhaps the best way to proceed would be for you to send your family file to us. Information on how to send a family file to us can be found here.
      No, no other Reunion windows were open. So I am sending the file to you.

It's an odd problem; sometimes the source can be selected by clicking it or opened on a double-click, sometimes not. But it usually is selected by selecting a nearby source and using the up or down arrows on the keyboard.

I shall not be surprised if you still cannot reproduce it - it could be something odd in my setup. Perhaps deleting and reinstalling Reunion might help?

Mind you, it only happens AFAIK in the test file, which was freshly created and contains no actual genealogical data - as you will see. So if it's not resolved, perhaps I shouldn't worry.

Comment

Hi John,

I wanted to let you know that we received your file and are looking into the issue. I was able to duplicate what you were seeing.

I'll get back to you via e-mail once we've determined the cause of the issue.

Thanks,
        Mark Harrison
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X