PDA

View Full Version : Software tools developed for use with Reunion

Steve Ketcham
11 March 2005, 08:29 PM
Would it make sense to have a place where we could list tools that have been developed for use with Reunion?

I have an OS X Soundex program I developed some time ago that several people have downloaded from my website, http://sgketcham.home.comcast.net (go to the Mac software link in the lower right corner.) I also have a Perl script somewhere that adds a style sheet to every page in a Reunion website. I know I've seen others mentioned.

How about it? If you know of a freeware or shareware tool, add a message to this thread.

Steve

Steve W. Jackson
13 March 2005, 08:01 PM
Leister has been kind enough to mention my FolderUpdater utility in their manual, and I've created a second utility named ReunionCalculator as well. Both are available at http://homepage.mac.com/stevejackson/MacStuff.html and are freeware.

= Steve =

smeehan
06 April 2005, 05:16 PM
I have an OS X Soundex program I developed some time ago that several people have downloaded from my website, http://sgketcham.home.comcast.net (go to the Mac software link in the lower right corner.) I also have a Perl script somewhere that adds a style sheet to every page in a Reunion website. I know I've seen others mentioned.I've tried several times to day to download your Soundex program. Nothing happened each time I tried it. I'm using the latest SystemX version

shirlpal
07 April 2005, 06:39 PM
Would it make sense to have a place where we could list tools that have been developed for use with Reunion?...

How about it? If you know of a freeware or shareware tool, add a message to this thread.I have found a shareware application called iEmulator. It is available for $25 from www.iemulator.com. You must provide your own Windows OS, but I find it works just fine for reading genealogy CDs from Heritage Quest, Ancestry.com, etc. There are not distributed in a Macintosh friendly format.

Shirley

Celia
08 April 2005, 11:42 PM
Has anyone discovered a solution for reading the Family Archive CDs? I used tp be able to start-up in OS 9, open FTM 3.0 and view/print from the CDs. However, now I am unable to print and FTM just keeps crashing. I've contacted genealogy.com and they're no help at all. They tell me to get a Windows emulator, but I'd rather not have anything to do with Windows. We had a PeeCee and all we did was try to keep ahead of the viruses with patch after patch. The suggestion from genealogy.com was that I not use the Windows emulator while on-line. I'm using the latest OS X - 10.3.8. I welcome suggestions and thanks in advance!

Celia

S. Kennedy
09 April 2005, 11:14 PM
Has anyone discovered a solution for reading the Family Archive CDs? I used tp be able to start-up in OS 9, open FTM 3.0 and view/print from the CDs. However, now I am unable to print and FTM just keeps crashing. I've contacted genealogy.com and they're no help at all. They tell me to get a Windows emulator, but I'd rather not have anything to do with Windows. We had a PeeCee and all we did was try to keep ahead of the viruses with patch after patch. The suggestion from genealogy.com was that I not use the Windows emulator while on-line. I'm using the latest OS X - 10.3.8. I welcome suggestions and thanks in advance!Celia,

I probably can't help much with your problem, however I have had no trouble at all running FTM 3 in Classic mode under 10.3.8. I'm not real clear on this but if memory serves me right they started issuing CD's that would only work on Windows shortly after dropping FTM support on the Mac. The only CD's I have are the ones that came with the program and I was upset enough with their Windows only policy that I have never spent any money on their offerings since buying FTM. To add insult to injury, they still keep sending me upgrade offers. Email me off forum if you would like for me to try to duplicate your problem. I would need more details to do this. Have you tried making a ged file in FTM and importing that to Reunion for printing?