PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto Link

Brian
25 February 2006, 12:36 PM
I am not clear as to how I can link a picture in iPhoto to a Family Card. I have been exporting iPhoto pictures to a folder in my Reunion folder and linking them this way. This, I assume, results in an extra copy in my ROM, using up space on the hard drive and is not a convenient way of doing it, anyway.
I don't see anything in the Manual about this. I am using version 8.06.
Can anyone help, please?

fjvanbodegom
25 February 2006, 02:47 PM
When you link a picture to a person in Reunion (it does not matter if the picture comes from iPhoto or elsewhere), only the path is written in the Reunion family file, so your file will not grow with each picture you link.
When you want to use iPhoto, just drag the picture, from the (iPhoto)library or from another folder to the bold 'names part' of the familycard, man or women (or to the parents or children button).
Be aware that the 'view' setting allows you to show the picture on the familycard (View -> Define view).
BTW click on the questionmark left under in the Multmedia window for a lot of further information.

Brian
26 February 2006, 12:23 PM
When you link a picture to a person in Reunion (it does not matter if the picture comes from iPhoto or elsewhere), only the path is written in the Reunion family file, so your file will not grow with each picture you link.
When you want to use iPhoto, just drag the picture, from the (iPhoto)library or from another folder to the bold 'names part' of the familycard, man or women (or to the parents or children button).
Be aware that the 'view' setting allows you to show the picture on the familycard (View -> Define view).
BTW click on the questionmark left under in the Multmedia window for a lot of further information.

Thank you for your advice, Frans. Like so many things in Reunion - and other applications - once you know how to do something, it seems rather obvious!