PDA

View Full Version : File transfer between Master and Slave

Cecil Danny Underwood
29 January 2006, 12:48 AM
I am new to MAC as of May 2005. I have iMac G5 and iBook.
I have connected firewire between the two and have tried the Target Method (holding down letter T during startup). No problems there. If say the iBook is the target hard drive (Slave) and I am saving

S. Kennedy
29 January 2006, 04:33 PM
I am new to MAC as of May 2005. I have iMac G5 and iBook.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or how I can work around this other than a flash drive.
Thanks in Advance
Danny Underwood

I don't have any multimedia files linked but I keep my Family file in the Documents folder and the Reunion app in the Applications folder. I believe that is recommended. I'm not sure I understand exactly where your problem lies.

You may be beyond this point now but I have found the most success when transferring files in Target Mode by using a cloning application. In my case, RsyncX which has always worked perfectly. I routinely clone (update) my entire hard drive to a second drive and can boot either with all applications working without a problem. I have also updated large graphics folders with no problem. When using finder copy (drag and drop) with huge files and target mode I have had the system bog down or fail entirely.