PDA

View Full Version : Problem Importing Picture Using Multimedia Window

jimrite
14 January 2006, 09:25 PM
I hope this is not too far off-topic. I've imported about 1300 pictures into Reunion over the past ten years. Recently got a new scanner (CanoScan LIDE 500F) and use Canon's ScanGear Starter to scan photos. I save them in jpeg format, put them in the appropriate folder, then go to Multimedia Window, click on Add Item and navigate to the folder. The file I just added it greyed-out! Can't import it. I've found if I then open the photo in Photoshop Elements 3.0 and execute a "Save As" using the same file name, then choose "Replace," the new copy can be imported. Either I'm missing something obvious, or there's a bug in the Canon software. Anyone else had this problem?
Jim Wright

Dennis J. Cunniff
16 January 2006, 10:50 AM
Are you perhaps saving the scan initially with ScanGear in a format that Reunion doesn't understand, and then converting it to a supported format with Elements? Check the file extensions to see.

If you are, maybe you can choose to save scans in a supported format directly from ScanGear.

Bob White
17 January 2006, 12:21 AM
Having had several different brands of scanners, you will usually find a setting choice in the Preferences. Almost always, the choices are between JPG and TIFF and occasionally the manufacturer's own format.