PDA

View Full Version : New software missing OSX native

Donna Smith
11 January 2006, 11:56 PM
Hello

I just purchased Reunion 8 from a mac dealer, got it home and it only has one cd in it for 8.5 and higher. My New Imac G5 runs OSX. How do I get my hands on the correct version or will this work? I am bummed as I waited along time for this software.

Any help will be appreciated,

Donna Smith

theKiwi
12 January 2006, 01:15 AM
You have the correct version.

Insert the CD and double click the installer and it will figure out that you have Mac OS X and install the correct version for you.

Roger

dosier
24 May 2006, 12:25 PM
I see that the last update to this software is 8.0.6 which was a year ago. With some outstanding bugs still to be fixed, and the need for Universal applications, what is LesterPro's commitment to keeping this software up to date?

The reason I ask, is as I transition from the PC to a Mac, I am used to seeing Family Tree Maker updated every year (features added, bugs fixed). I am looking for a geneology product that I can count on being there over the years to come that is up to date and current.

Thanks in advance....

Andrew-Bede Allsop
24 May 2006, 05:18 PM
I see that the last update to this software is 8.0.6 which was a year ago. With some outstanding bugs still to be fixed, and the need for Universal applications, what is LesterPro's commitment to keeping this software up to date?

The reason I ask, is as I transition from the PC to a Mac, I am used to seeing Family Tree Maker updated every year (features added, bugs fixed). I am looking for a geneology product that I can count on being there over the years to come that is up to date and current.

Thanks in advance....

Hi Dosier and welcome to the wonderful world of the Mac! I don

Steve W. Jackson
25 May 2006, 07:17 PM

Thanks in advance....
Don't take this the wrong way...but you don't know Leister very well -- yet.

Most of us here who have been around for a while can tell you that Leister's support is beyond outstanding. While some companies aim at frequent releases Leister aims at useful releases. They're the only major player in the Mac market space for genealogy software (there are some shareware and/or freeware products), but they couldn't stay around if they weren't producing an excellent product. We'd all go out looking for an alternative.

Leister won't usually leave a significant bug uncorrected for any extended period. The major problems identified in Reunion 8 were corrected with their maintenance releases fairly quickly, and no show-stoppers have come up since then. All of us would love to know when we can expect Reunion 9 (and the anticipation is getting intense, I assure you), but Leister's policy of not making promises on release dates -- focusing instead on getting it right -- is OK with most of us. Your patience will be richly rewarded, I'm sure.

= Steve =