PDA

View Full Version : Odd Behaviour in Version 6.02

miking
10 March 2005, 09:19 AM
Hi,

I'm still using version 6 running on a Mac 9600/200 with a Sonnet 500MHz G3 accelerator. This card doesn't support the full OS 9.2, so I have OS 9.1 with a few selected bits of OS 9.2 which will work with the card.

The odd problem with verion 6 is that it has stopped rendering characters with discritical marks (very annoying when I'm working on my wife's German ancestors). If I open MSWord and type in a character with a diacritical mark, then I can type any character with a discritical mark into the person card which is open at the time. However, when I move to a new person card, this ability is lost.

If I remember correctly, this behaviour is slightly different from that of a month or two ago when, after typing in a character in Word, the ability to type such characters in Reunion was available until I quit the application.

Any thoughts?

I suppose I could try re-installing Reunion, if I could find the CD.

Regards,

Mike King.

Michael
11 March 2005, 03:51 PM
The odd problem with verion 6 is that it has stopped rendering characters with discritical marks (very annoying when I'm working on my wife's German ancestors). If I open MSWord and type in a character with a diacritical mark, then I can type any character with a discritical mark into the person card which is open at the time. However, when I move to a new person card, this ability is lost.

If I remember correctly, this behaviour is slightly different from that of a month or two ago when, after typing in a character in Word, the ability to type such characters in Reunion was available until I quit the application.

Any thoughts?When a program or feature stops working abruptly, it is usually a sign that something has changed in your environment.

Here are a few things to check...

Did you change the font? It's possible that you've inadvertently changed to a font that doesn't include the diacritical characters.

Are you able to copy/paste text with diacritical characters into a field in Reunion?

Did you install any new applications or updates around the time that the problem started?

If all else fails, re-installing Reunion 6 wouldn't hurt.

miking
11 March 2005, 05:55 PM
When a program or feature stops working abruptly, it is usually a sign that something has changed in your environment.

Here are a few things to check...

Did you change the font? It's possible that you've inadvertently changed to a font that doesn't include the diacritical characters.

Are you able to copy/paste text with diacritical characters into a field in Reunion?

Did you install any new applications or updates around the time that the problem started?

If all else fails, re-installing Reunion 6 wouldn't hurt.

I haven't changed the font. I can copy/paste text with diacritical marks, and when I do I can type other characters with diacritical marks into that person card.

I don't remember installing anything, Maybe Mozilla, but I really can't say.

I will hunt for the CD with Reunion 6 on it. If all else fails, I plan to buy a G4 loaded with Panther in a few months and I will then upgrade to Reunion 8.

Thanks for the advice,

Regards,

Mike King.

Eirik StrÝm
27 March 2005, 06:22 PM

In this situation one may be pretty certain that Reunion as such is not the culprit. Finding the real offender is another matter, that depends on the configurations of the computer, the software installed and even in what order programs are started.

If one observes this problem it may be helpful to define its nature. Open an