PDA

View Full Version : filemaker

antoon deryckere
30 December 2005, 06:24 PM
can the file of "reunion" be exported to filemaker?
I use filemaker regulary and believe I would be more flexible if I could use it

Frank
30 December 2005, 11:09 PM
can the file of "reunion" be exported to filemaker?Search the manual for the word "FileMaker" and then click the link and scroll down to "Exporting Text Files."

antoon deryckere
01 January 2006, 07:18 AM
Search the manual for the word "FileMaker" and then click the link and scroll down to "Exporting Text Files."Thanks for your help but what about dates.I just have "text" fields
The main idea is to sort "especially" dates

Tom Robinson
04 January 2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks for your help but what about dates.I just have "text" fields
The main idea is to sort "especially" dates
See my reply under 'Re: exporting Reunion to a relational database' in this same forum.

It makes things easier if you only post a question once. This is the third time I've answered it (including your e-mail).

Cheers

Linda.H
05 January 2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks for your help but what about dates.I just have "text" fields
The main idea is to sort "especially" datesAntoon,
It's been years since I've used Filemaker, but I think I know what it is you want to do with the exported file. Reunion is outputting a "text" file and the date info is being "lost" -- not treated as dates? You need to "tell" Filemaker to treat the "date" information as dates instead of text. Go to where you edit the layout for your Filemaker database, select the "date" field, and apply a "date" format to it. Not sure exactly what steps you'll need to do that -- as I said, it's been YEARS! If you don't know how, check the user's manual for Filemaker for instructions. Once you've specified the field as a date field, Filemaker should sort the records as you want, by date. Hopefully this is the solution you need.