PDA

View Full Version : Webcard Images and notes

Christopher Hartung
10 March 2005, 12:52 AM
Can you include more than one image per person on the webcards? I am under the impression that only the "preferred" picture will be included with the webcards, is that correct?

Also, is there some way to include notes on the webcards? In fact, is there some way to include all of the information you have on a person? I assume that you might be able to do this by changing the default options, but I've found nothing there on notes...have I missed it?

thanks,
Chris

Rob_McAlear
10 March 2005, 06:39 AM
Can you include more than one image per person on the webcards? I am under the impression that only the "preferred" picture will be included with the webcards, is that correct?

Also, is there some way to include notes on the webcards? In fact, is there some way to include all of the information you have on a person? I assume that you might be able to do this by changing the default options, but I've found nothing there on notes...have I missed it?

thanks,
Chris

I was put on to this feature by Janet Mobley. Yes, you can have more than one image. Go to my website and go to John Anton Good. You will see only one image on the web card (i.e., my "preferred" picture). Now click on the camera and you will be taken to other pictures. I am using a dot mac account so can't say if this will work with others. I am still playing with this and learning how to do it, but it does work

Bob Goode
10 March 2005, 04:44 PM
I was put on to this feature by Janet Mobley. Yes, you can have more than one image. Go to my website and go to John Anton Good. You will see only one image on the web card (i.e., my "preferred" picture). Now click on the camera and you will be taken to other pictures. I am using a dot mac account so can't say if this will work with others. I am still playing with this and learning how to do it, but it does work

Rob,
I like the camera technique for the web card for John Anton Good but did not see in the Web options the means by which to add the camera with additional pictures. I also have dot mac account so is this a feature of dot mac or one within Reunion? Or did you modify the page with apps such as Contribute or Dreamweaver?

Rob_McAlear
10 March 2005, 07:13 PM
Rob,
I like the camera technique for the web card for John Anton Good but did not see in the Web options the means by which to add the camera with additional pictures. I also have dot mac account so is this a feature of dot mac or one within Reunion? Or did you modify the page with apps such as Contribute or Dreamweaver?

Yes, I modify my homepage with Contribute. However, you can also click on the photo on the webcard and get the same results.

G Rey
10 March 2005, 08:49 PM
It's a feature of Reunion and will work regardless of which ISP you use to post the webcards. Reunion automatically generates the camera icon when there is multimedia, regardless of the quantity of multimedia files.

Sue Phillips
10 March 2005, 08:56 PM
Rob,

This is most definitely a feature of Reunion. When viewing the Reunion family card for the "person of interest," click on Multimedia in the icon bar. Open the Multimedia Window and then select "Add Item" to add additional photos.

John Edward Gray (http://www.phillipsplace.net/genealogy/wc01/wc01_171.html) is an example of one image on the family card and an additional page with several images.

On my wish list is the ability for Reunion to recognize pdf files.

Sue Phillips
Austin, Texas

Bob Rugo
10 March 2005, 09:06 PM

Also, is there some way to include notes on the webcards?
Chris, Take a look at my Reunion webcards and see if they are what you want. Click one of the family genealogy links on my homepage:
http://homepage.mac.com/bobrugo
I don't think I changed any of the Reunion default settings. I did choose "web family cards and person sheets." Nothing has been modified with any other program, just Reunion and .Mac.
Bob Rugo

Rob_McAlear
10 March 2005, 09:15 PM

Also, is there some way to include notes on the webcards?

Chris, Take a look at my Reunion webcards and see if they are what you want. Click one of the family genealogy links on my homepage:
http://homepage.mac.com/bobrugo
I don't think I changed any of the Reunion default settings. I did choose "web family cards and person sheets." Nothing has been modified with any other program, just Reunion and .Mac.
Bob Rugo

Hi, Bob. I'm still grateful for your help in the past. Another question: How do you put the titles to your pictures? I'm using Photoshop, but it's a hassle to put the titles. There must be an easier way.....

Bob Rugo
10 March 2005, 09:23 PM
Hi, Bob. I'm still grateful for your help in the past. Another question: How do you put the titles to your pictures? I'm using Photoshop, but it's a hassle to put the titles. There must be an easier way.....Rob,
In Reunion's multimedia window you will see the file name for the image you have selected, perhaps with .jpg added if it wasn't on the original image file. You can change the name here to something more useful or attractive, deleting the .jpg for example, without breaking the link to the image file. Then at the bottom on the multimedia window in the box that says "memo" you can add whatever text you want and all will appear on your webcards.
Just Reunion and .Mac and you can do good stuff.
Bob

Dinee
11 March 2005, 09:21 AM
John Edward Gray (http://www.phillipsplace.net/genealogy/wc01/wc01_171.html) is an example of one image on the family card and an additional page with several images. ....<snip>Sue Phillips, Austin, Texas

Wow Sue, I loved how you did the display of multiple images, and the fact that they also included the pic from the census, and his headstone too! What a great idea!

I also didn't know you could take the .jpg off of the picture and that it would still work - ummm, I might need to go play with this idea!

Deb
11 March 2005, 10:15 AM
Rob,
I like the camera technique for the web card for John Anton Good but did not see in the Web options the means by which to add the camera with additional pictures. I also have dot mac account so is this a feature of dot mac or one within Reunion? Or did you modify the page with apps such as Contribute or Dreamweaver?Bob (and others),

The camera is a sign that a "Web Media Page" is linked to that person. A web media page can contain other photos, audio clips or video clips linked to that person in your family file.

To include a web media page, choose Create -> Web Family Cards and check the box for "Web Media Page" in the Web Family Cards window.

Dinee
11 March 2005, 01:54 PM
Sue, I noticed on your page http://www.phillipsplace.net/genealogy/wc01/wc01_171.html that you have a little camera next to the marriage information - awesome.

Now I know that long ago, the main photo people took of themselves, was when they got married. Thus I have a small collection of pictures of a couple taken at their wedding - but I have yet to figure out how to get that Multimedia item inserted with their wedding info.

I've been able to put the Multimedia items in for a particular person - but I need to know how to do it for the wedding.

Dinee
http://homepage.mac.com/dcdunlap/dunlapdumanfamily/index.html

Dinee
11 March 2005, 01:57 PM
Woohooo! I just figured out how to do what I was asking and now I've added two new photos to a file.

Using the Multimedia icon, and instead of using his or her name I used "Family" and added two images to that area of a file. Then of course I had to run the Web Cards to see if it worked - and yes - it worked. (now I have to do it to a few others, before I run the new FOLDER UPDATER software).

idfitter
16 March 2005, 11:14 AM
John Edward Gray (http://www.phillipsplace.net/genealogy/wc01/wc01_171.html) is an example of one image on the family card and an additional page with several images.

Sue,

not sure whether you are aware that UK Census images are Crown Copyright, and you require permission from the National Records Office to reproduce them.