PDA

View Full Version : Blank GEDCOM CHAN field

idfitter
03 November 2005, 09:14 AM
Reunion outputs a CHAN field in GEDCOM, but it is left blank.

Is there an option to make reunion actually put the changed date in?

theKiwi
03 November 2005, 10:02 AM
In the GEDCOM files I export the Changed Date is included:

1 CHAN
2 DATE 27 APR 2005

I export as GEDCOM 5.5

Roger

fjvanbodegom
03 November 2005, 10:33 AM
Normally the CHAN tag is always included in a Gedcom file, unless exporting of this tag is de-activated in the window Gedcom Export -> Optional Fields; but then the two rows 1 CHAN and 2 DATE are missing.
The tag start with 1 Date and in a new row 2 DATE (with the date)
In my opinion it is impossible that Reunion creates a gedcom tag CHAN without a date.
Might be you (mr. Fitter) have overseen the structure of Gedcom tag and that the date is below the tag ?

idfitter
03 November 2005, 07:23 PM
OK my mistake. I had assumed that the date should follow the CHAN keyword on the same line.

Now to find out why TNG ignores this and marks all imported records with the same date - off to a different forum.

Thanks

theKiwi
03 November 2005, 07:59 PM
OK my mistake. I had assumed that the date should follow the CHAN keyword on the same line.

Now to find out why TNG ignores this and marks all imported records with the same date - off to a different forum.

Take a look in the Admin ------> Setup and Configuration ------> Import and see what's there for the setting "If 'Change Date' is blank:"

Set this to "Leave it as Is" and then I think you'll find that the What's New TNG page will correctly find Changed Dates for dates that are before today.

(I think you'll find it's set to "Set to Today's Date". Once you change it, import the GEDCOM again and you should find that your What's New page will now work correctly.

Roger