PDA

View Full Version : Putting Report on a CD

Betty Rose
29 October 2005, 02:26 PM
My first question to the board!

Have created a Report for my cousin of just his immediate family genealogy, starting with his grandfather. (That's all he wanted)

Saved it as a PDF and printed it out with no problem. Saved it as RTF and printed it out with no problem.

How do I get the report to a CD? Would you believe I have used iMacs for years and never put anything on a CD? :-(

I have Reunion 8.05, still using OS X 10.2.8 . My iMac is a G4 with Superdrive.

****What do I save the Report "as" in order to put it on a CD? ****

Can someone give this neanderthal a step by step to doing this? I believe I know what to do re: putting the CD in and getting it ready, and presume I go to the Reports folder to get the Report I want to send...what do I do at this point?

Do I need to burn it? My cousin has an Apple computer...(not sure what kind) but I think he wants to send this to someone who is going to put the info on a large screen...or maybe from a computer to a large screen...and I wonder if I need to do something different in case the computer used is not a Mac!! (Am I making any sense here?)

I've read and printed out the info from the Manual, but folks, I am out of my league here, so I really need help!!

Thanks ever so much!!

Bill Williams
01 November 2005, 01:42 PM
..Have created a Report for my cousin of just his immediate family genealogy, starting with his grandfather. (That's all he wanted)

Saved it as a PDF and printed it out with no problem. Saved it as RTF and printed it out with no problem.

How do I get the report to a CD?You get the report (in whatever format you wish -- since there's plenty of room on a CD I'd do it as the Acrobat Reader [.PDF] file and the .RTF file) onto a CD by burning it. I happen to use Toast 6 Platinum, but I assume you can just use the built-in CD burner software in OS X.

You can name the CD whatever you wish...

Betty Rose
04 November 2005, 10:13 PM
Bill, thanks for your reply. I am a real novice when it comes to Reunion and not much better on trying new things on my computer.....but I did manage to burn the info on a CD-R even before your response!

One of the Reports was unreadable on the CD, and I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I suggested to my cousin to use the file with the Report saved as PDF. Hopefully, that's what he'll do (or did)!