PDA

View Full Version : Use of Flags

elkriverken
29 October 2005, 12:54 PM
I am trying to use a flag, using one of the default flags (immigration date).
I am able to enter flag into the person window. However I cannot enter a date to coincide with the flag. I can enter the date through the Register Report, but cannot save it, the report defaults back to the original state.

I cannot find a list or index that summarizes all the individuals who share the same flag. The Manual implies the ability to print out a list, or at least bring up a list of those individuals sharing the flag.

Please advise.

Ken S.

theKiwi
29 October 2005, 01:58 PM
I am trying to use a flag, using one of the default flags (immigration date).
I am able to enter flag into the person window. However I cannot enter a date to coincide with the flag. I can enter the date through the Register Report, but cannot save it, the report defaults back to the original state.
You can't associate a date with a Flag - a Flag is simply something that is either "Yes" or "No" - ie checked or not checked.

I cannot find a list or index that summarizes all the individuals who share the same flag. The Manual implies the ability to print out a list, or at least bring up a list of those individuals sharing the flag.

Go to "Find Anything" in the Find menu, make sure the Individual Tab is selected and then click on the Condition menu to bring up the menu, choose Flags, and then choose a particular Flag from the submenu. You can then search for individuals where that Flag is either "Yes" or "No".

Roger

Bruce Roy
29 October 2005, 05:17 PM
Are you aware that for each person there is an event "Emigration" against which you can enter date, place and note?