PDA

View Full Version : Multiple events of same kind

Espen Berg
16 October 2005, 11:32 AM
I have a small problem finding persons with multiple events of same kind, i.e. more than one birth- or death-event. This problem arises when I merge two persons, and forget to verify the events of the person when merged.

Is it possible to get a list of the persons in my family-file with more than one birth-event?

Regards

Espen Berg

Espen Berg
16 October 2005, 11:38 AM
Problem solved! I used the same procedure as referred to in some previous answer to the thread "Newbie merging".

Apple-A -> "# Duplicated fields" -> More than 1

Espen

Reiner L. Sauer
18 October 2005, 05:46 AM
Problem solved! I used the same procedure as referred to in some previous answer to the thread "Newbie merging".

Apple-A -> "# Duplicated fields" -> More than 1The problem with this type of search is that its scope is to wide. I will return also persons which had e.g. more than one profession during their life time, i.e. where a field has been duplicated for legitimate reasons. Has anybody found a way to specifically search for duplicated birth or death fields only?

Reiner

theKiwi
18 October 2005, 08:30 AM
The problem with this type of search is that its scope is to wide. I will return also persons which had e.g. more than one profession during their life time, i.e. where a field has been duplicated for legitimate reasons. Has anybody found a way to specifically search for duplicated birth or death fields only?What I have done to some of the people in my database is to create a flag called "Duplicates OK" and check that when it's OK that they have duplicated events.

Then do your search for Duplicated Fields > 0 and Duplicates OK NOT Checked.

However, since having duplicated fields causes confusion downstream in my process (of getting the data into The Next Generation of Genealogy Site Building (TNG) for online publication), I tend to "fix" anyone I find with duplicate fields - which for me come about when I import data and merge it.

I have a number of "Alternate" fields defined - eg

Alt Birth
Alt Birth 2
Alt Death
Alt Death 2

etc so that I can manually move the duplicated data into a unique field.

Roger