PDA

View Full Version : REUNION Manual

martha
15 October 2005, 05:35 AM
Is there any way of seeing the entire manual and being able to browse through it? It is clear to me that the terminology that comes to my mind is not the same one that is listed in the manual and sometimes it takes me hours to find what I am looking for.

If I were interested in wanting to print out the entire manual, where could I find such an option? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Martha Lev-Zion

fjvanbodegom
15 October 2005, 06:21 AM
There is no way to brows the manual as you can look in a book page 1, 2, 3 etc
The Reunion Manual has an index where all the chapters, sorted are mentioned: Help -> Contents
There is also a page index in Appendices -> Page Index
But one the most usefull features is the questionmark in nearly each window

There is no way to print the whole manual with one print command, but you can print each chapter.
The complete printout is about 600 pages (depending on font size etc)
Might be this is helpfull for you ?

martha
18 October 2005, 05:53 AM
But one the most usefull features is the questionmark in nearly each window

There is no way to print the whole manual with one print command, but you can print each chapter.
The complete printout is about 600 pages (depending on font size etc)
Might be this is helpfull for you ?

Yes, thank you, Frans! The only problem with that question mark is that you need to use the terminology acceptable to the manual. As an example, if it uses a keyword such as "child" and I can't think of anything but "offspring," I will not find what I am looking for. I speak a number of languages, but I can't always find the proper Reunion acceptable word! If I could page though the manual though, I might be able to find what I was looking for!

Okay, since you told me that is not possible, it isn't possible and I'll make my peace with that.

Thank you again!

Martha

Frank
18 October 2005, 08:45 AM
...The only problem with that question mark is that you need to use the terminology acceptable to the manual...I speak a number of languages, but I can't always find the proper Reunion acceptable word... Just to clarify... Frans was not referring to searching the manual. He's referring to the little quesion mark in the lower-left corner of each window. When clicked, Reunion takes you to the relevant portion of the manual. Thus, if you're looking at the Edit Family window and you have a question that relates to that window somehow, clicking the ? button takes you to the most likely spot for answers about what's happening in that window....If I could page though the manual though, I might be able to find what I was looking forAgain, Frans was on the right path: you actually can "page through the manual." In Reunion, choose Help -> Contents, and then click the link under Appendices called Page Index. Using the Page Index, you can comb through the whole manual, page by page.

martha
19 October 2005, 02:06 AM
Just to clarify... Frans was not referring to searching the manual. He's referring to the little quesion mark in the lower-left corner of each window. When clicked, Reunion takes you to the relevant portion of the manual. Thus, if you're looking at the Edit Family window and you have a question that relates to that window somehow, clicking the ? button takes you to the most likely spot for answers about what's happening in that window.Again, Frans was on the right path: you actually can "page through the manual." In Reunion, choose Help -> Contents, and then click the link under Appendices called Page Index. Using the Page Index, you can comb through the whole manual, page by page.Brilliant!!! Thank you, Frank!! I cannot believe that I have been using Reunion for over 10 years and didn't know that!! THANK YOU!!! Martha