PDA

View Full Version : Web Site For Reunion Genealogy

blair wheeler
09 October 2005, 03:32 AM
I am having a very hard time trying to find a web site that will use our reunion program the way reunion sets it up.

Blair Wheeler

idfitter
09 October 2005, 05:21 AM
I am haveing a very hard time trying to find a web site that will use our reunion program the way reunion sets it up.
Can you please elaborate. Are you referring to web cards?

blair wheeler
09 October 2005, 11:44 AM
Yes I am talking about web cards.

johnpritt
09 October 2005, 12:00 PM
Hi Blair
I'm not sure what you mean, perhaps you could describe your problem in more detail. A lot of us use Reunion's webcards to create or sites (myself included), and this is the first time I've heard such a complaint. Are you uploading everything that Reunion creates? (Sorry, it's an obvious question...but without more symptoms it's difficult to help much more.)

Have a look at some of the other user's sites (http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/users/linkSearch.php) to see what they look like and see which ISP we use.

blair wheeler
09 October 2005, 03:55 PM
I Have no problem with the web cards. My problem is finding a web site to display the web cards.
Blair

idfitter
10 October 2005, 04:00 PM
I Have no problem with the web cards. My problem is finding a web site to display the web cards.

Can you please detail your exact problem.
Are you having difficulty uploading the web card files generated?
Do they not display as expected?

There's nothing special about web cards. Even the most basic web space can hold the web card files.

I presume you get free webspace with your ISP account.

AE Palmer
10 October 2005, 09:17 PM
Blair

Most ISPs can host Reunion generated web sites. The trick is that some require the initial (start) page to have a specific name, such as: index.htm or index.html. In order to create this initial file, you must tell Reunion to use a specific name.

Once the web site has been generated, it is a simple matter of uploading it to the correct ISP address.

Janet Mobley
20 October 2005, 09:23 PM
I am having a very hard time trying to find a web site that will use our reunion program the way reunion sets it up.Having a dot Mac account is perhaps the closest thing to keeping the Reunion "look".

Janet Mobley
http://homepage.mac.com/janmobley/Larke.html