PDA

View Full Version : "Orphan" numbers

Venita Roylance
08 October 2005, 01:07 AM
Due to merging individuals and other such actions I have several "orphan" numbers at the beginning of my index - numbers that have no information attached to them. What happens to them? Are they re-assigned when I type in a new person or what? If they are not going to be re-used, how can I get rid of them?

Venita

Derrick
08 October 2005, 09:07 AM
I have deleted quite a few members at various times, leaving lower numbers empty. What seems to happen is that Reunion then reassigns the numbers beginning at the lowest ones available when you add new individuals. So, they will be re-used by the program.

Frank
08 October 2005, 10:47 AM
Due to merging individuals and other such actions I have several "orphan" numbers at the beginning of my index - numbers that have no information attached to them. What happens to them? Are they re-assigned when I type in a new person or what? If they are not going to be re-used, how can I get rid of them?Hi Venita, from the Reunion manual...
...each new person is assigned a unique, person ID number. Each new family is assigned a unique family ID number. Numbers are assigned serially. When you add a person or family to the family file, Reunion starts at 1 and counts upward until it finds the first unused number and assigns that number to the person or family.

Venita Roylance
12 October 2005, 12:30 PM
Thank you! I was hoping that was the answer. 8o)

Venita