PDA

View Full Version : How to send a GEDCOM from PC to Mac Reunion

Dan Devaney
07 October 2005, 05:14 PM
A friend has a PC which runs the latest PAF. She is trying to send me her family. I use a Mac OS 10.4 and reunion 8.06 as my genealogy program. We are on AOL.

She doesn't know how to export a GEDCOM. Would it be possible to get step by step instructions so I can forward them to her?

Would love to have any help.

Thank you,

Dan Devaney in Hawaii

David G. Kanter
07 October 2005, 05:41 PM
A friend has a PC which runs the latest PAF. She is trying to send me her family. . .She doesn't know how to export a GEDCOM. Would it be possible to get step by step instructions so I can forward them to her? Search the Reunion Manual for "paf gedcom" and the first item "Exporting Gedcom from PAF, Exporting a Gedcom File from PAF 2.x" should be a start, even if the version of PAF is later than 2.x.

Once the GEDCOM has been created, it can be sent to you as an e-mail attachment. Note: It's usually a good idea to compress such a file

Dan Devaney
11 October 2005, 01:20 AM
[QUOTE=David G. Kanter]Search the Reunion Manual for "paf gedcom" and the first item "Exporting Gedcom from PAF, Exporting a Gedcom File from PAF 2.x" should be a start, even if the version of PAF is later than 2.x.

Once the GEDCOM has been created, it can be sent to you as an e-mail attachment. Note: It's usually a good idea to compress such a file