PDA

View Full Version : Register report help

cintner
07 October 2005, 11:45 AM
I like the style of the register report, but I want it to go in both directions (ancestors and descendents). Any ideas on how I could get a report like that? Ideally I want to include cousins in the report. I am trying to create a report for my mother that includes everyone on her side of the family but is more than just a chart.

Steve W. Jackson
07 October 2005, 07:08 PM
It's difficult for me to envision a report that could do a good job of encompassing both ancestors and descendants of a person or couple without becoming complex and very difficult to follow. It's pretty much going to require a graphical depiction, I imagine. But you might check out the Ahnentafel report, which is aimed at presenting the ancestors of an individual and consider whether you're willing to put in the effort required to somehow meld one with a Register report. I suspect it won't be easy to accomplish.

= Steve =

Brian Columbus
21 October 2005, 06:38 PM
Actually, a Relative Chart would work. Go to your mother's card and choose "Relative Chart..." from the Create menu. Select your mother as the source, choose the # of generations up and down, the layout and hit create. That would get you what you want--at least for a person. You can't choose "couple" though with this option. If you then did another chart for your father you could copy/paste them together, but that's going to get tricky with layout. Plus when you copy/paste the charts you end up pasting an image and the boxes will no longer be editable.

Good luck!
-Brian