PDA

View Full Version : Gedcom vs. sources

steinole
29 September 2005, 06:09 AM
I have a problem when trying to share my family file with a person not using Reunion. In Reunion my sources look's just the way I want them to do. But when my gedcom are beeing opened in another software on a windows machin, sources are missing or some of the information are not beeing transfered. What would be the correct way to enter the following information into the source field:

National Archive in Hamar - Church book 2 Elverum City - page 41 - field no. 58.

Which tag's should this come out with in a gedcom file.

Got som 250 sources that needs to be altered - I'm afraid.

Stein

Legolas
01 October 2005, 03:10 AM
The problem is that Reunion exports notes and sources with references. This is perfectly acceptable from a GEDCOM point of view but many other software expect to found "in-line" sources (curiously, they accept referenced notes).

If this can help you, try my freeware called Gedcom2Geneweb that was designed to produce a better GEDCOM file for a publication on geneanet (geneweb software). You'll find it at http://mapage.noos.fr/alain.goubault/genealogie/Gedcom2Geneweb/Gedcom2Geneweb.html (you can also go to http://mapage.noos.fr/alain.goubault and follow the links).

For your sources, my software will not export all free-form texts that you could have typed, but if necessary, I can add this.

steinole
02 October 2005, 05:30 PM
For your sources, my software will not export all free-form texts that you could have typed, but if necessary, I can add this.Thank you for your answer. My problem is that I do have freeform text in many og my sources. And I send gedcom files to other member of my family using Legacy 6 and TMG 5. They always complain about my sources missing out important information. If my source tells: Church book 2 City - page 23, field no. 5 all they get is Church book 2 City.

Look at these two clips from my gedcom file;

0 @S121@ SOUR
1 TYPE Bok
1 REPO Statsarkivet Hamar
1 TITL Kirkebok 6 Vang
1 PAGE s. 107, no. 1
0 @S122@ SOUR
1 TYPE Bok
1 REPO Statsarkivet Hamar
1 TITL Kirkebok 9b Furnes/Vang
1 PAGE s. 429, no. 39
0 @S123@ SOUR

and with freeform text:

0 @S168@ SOUR
1 TEXT Oslo Skifterett Kort 4/10 - Avd. 1 B8 1 - 22.3.1915 - 13.1.191
2 CONC 7 S105 # 1615
2 CONT Varemegler Anders Olsen Jevne 46 aar gml. d?d 25 des. i Gunneriu
2 CONC sgt. 10
2 CONT
2 CONT Avd?de var ugift. sl

steinole
03 October 2005, 05:39 PM
Hi Legolas
have tried your software - it works with the sources as fare as I can see. But the txt in my note fields are beeing shortened. I dont know how to get it all. I could send you my gedcom file but have no e-mail adress.

steinole@broadpark.no