PDA

View Full Version : Assigning Data Quality / Surety???

Troy
27 September 2005, 04:25 PM
Hi---

Being new to Reunion, maybe it's just that I don't know where to look or what to search for in the manual, but, I cannot seem to find anywhere to assign a Surety/Quality value to the data entered (e.g., very-sure-of-the-data, just-a-guess, etc.).

Is there a place or data field or way to do this?

Thanks.

Troy---

AE Palmer
27 September 2005, 11:56 PM
Reunion does not do this natively. That said, you can accomplish much the same thing with either of two approaches:

1) Add a field to your source(s) that indicates the degree of confidence you are comfortable with.

2) Create a series of sources

Shelley Monson
28 September 2005, 12:38 AM
Another approach might be to create flags for each level of confidence, if you have a set scale of levels you're used to using.

Check the manual for "Adding and Deleting Flags" for the directions.

Cheers
Shelley

Troy
28 September 2005, 05:27 PM
Everyone---

Thanks for the information and suggestions.

These methods seem like good ways to accomplish what I would like to do.

Troy---

Urs Geiser
29 September 2005, 08:09 PM
Another approach might be to create flags for each level of confidence, if you have a set scale of levels you're used to using.
Check the manual for "Adding and Deleting Flags" for the directions.
The problem with flags is that they apply to a person, whereas I believe the original poster was interested in a quality tag that applied to each datum separately (maybe that should go on the wish list?). Currently, there is no such facility built-in, and you have to come up with a workaround. The notes are probably the best place to document data quality.

Ed Dorroh
03 October 2005, 10:07 PM
Being new to Reunion, maybe it's just that I don't know where to look or what to search for in the manual, but, I cannot seem to find anywhere to assign a Surety/Quality value to the data entered (e.g., very-sure-of-the-data, just-a-guess, etc.)For Reunion sources, there is a "Quality of Data" field. Look under the Menu Bar - Options/Define/Source Fields.
Ed Dorroh

Troy
05 October 2005, 09:45 AM
Ed---

Thanks for the information. I would not have found that feature on my own.

Take care.

Troy---

Larry B
08 December 2005, 09:51 PM
...I cannot seem to find anywhere to assign a Surety/Quality value to the data entered (e.g., very-sure-of-the-data, just-a-guess, etc.).Is there a place or data field or way to do this?This thread started with this post and one responder pointed to the ability to select a Quality of Data Source Field (Options>Define>Source Fields>Quality of Data. I gather others use flags.

Is there a way to show speculative links (possible family links for which there isn't yet a reasonably high degree of confidence) when printing out charts family cards and reports so that it is clear to the viewer that the author has concerns about the accuracy regarding a particular chain of (possible) family members? (e.g. dotted lines or different shaped boxes)

Thanks.