PDA

View Full Version : Reunion's Index Feature and OS 10

Charles Bourland
08 March 2005, 11:20 PM
With 1gb of memory and OS10.3.7 I can keep many applications open, and do, including AOL. Sometimes the Reunion Index feature will operate properly and occasionally it will on typing "Smith" go to "S", hesitate and then go to "M".

I have attempted to open applications one by one and test each one as a culprit, but have been unable to locate the problem.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Bob Carroll
09 March 2005, 06:57 PM
With 1gb of memory and OS10.3.7 I can keep many applications open, and do, including AOL. Sometimes the Reunion Index feature will operate properly and occasionally it will on typing "Smith" go to "S", hesitate and then go to "M".I have found that multiple large applications deter the search. "Mail" much less than eg Photoshop. For extensive Reunion work, I close multiples. Repeating the index name will get you closer each time. Smith -> S, "Smith" again to Smart, "Smith" again -> "Smith". A nuisance for sure.

eiscee
10 March 2005, 04:41 PM
Simply closing Photoshop before opening Reunion has done the job for me. I, too, have 1G memory and OS 10.3.8. Usually I can just leave many applications open, but the way that Photoshop uses memory seems to cause problems with some applications.

martha
14 March 2005, 08:18 AM
With 1gb of memory and OS10.3.7 I can keep many applications open, and do, including AOL. Sometimes the Reunion Index feature will operate properly and occasionally it will on typing "Smith" go to "S", hesitate and then go to "M".

I have attempted to open applications one by one and test each one as a culprit, but have been unable to locate the problem.I have the exact same problem. Or sometimes I have to hit the letter multiple times before it will react. This also happens when I don't have any other apps open, except for mail. I would love a solution since it drives me up a wall sometimes!

Martha