PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading OSX?

Gary Norman
19 September 2005, 07:20 PM
Hello. I'm quite pleased with Reunion. I wish Macintosh would take some lessons and be less hostile to its users. In order to update some of my software I used with Reunion, it seems I need to upgrade the operating system on my 3 year old eMac (currently 10.1.5). I started to order the latest system and it seems to be available only on DVD. I don't have a DVD drive. Any ideas what I can do? Apple has not yet responded.

Bob Goode
19 September 2005, 08:09 PM
Hello. I'm quite pleased with Reunion. I wish Macintosh would take some lessons and be less hostile to its users. In order to update some of my software I used with Reunion, it seems I need to upgrade the operating system on my 3 year old eMac (currently 10.1.5). I started to order the latest system and it seems to be available only on DVD. I don't have a DVD drive. Any ideas what I can do? Apple has not yet responded.

You can call Apple and receive the upgrade in a CD pack instead of a DVD.
Call 1 800 MY APPLE

saoi
19 September 2005, 08:27 PM
Once you've bought the upgrade DVD (this is for 10.4 only) there is a place where you can order, from Apple, for a cost the equivalent CD's. As far as I know it isn't possible to order the CD's direct

jroix
06 October 2005, 10:04 AM

If there is an Apple Store near you (check on thier website for the closest), you can take your Mac in and they install the upgrade for you at no additional charge beyond the same cost as if you purchased it and installed it yourself. That way they check for any other possible upgrades and fixes available also.
jim

Bob White
06 November 2005, 04:23 AM
You can call Apple and receive the upgrade in a CD pack instead of a DVD.
Call 1 800 MY APPLE

Apple quietly dropped the CD pack from their inventory on August 30th. At least that is what several people have told me. I have not personally verified this information.