PDA

View Full Version : Pedigree charts

jascott
19 September 2005, 05:56 PM
I have just created a 13 generation pedigree chart and manually moved things around to get it to fit on five pages with breaks at the edges of the pages. I've saved it. Is there any way I can change or add to information without having to reconstruct my carefully constructed format? Thanks.

ttl
19 September 2005, 08:05 PM
As long as you don't redraw the chart (Tree-->Orientatation) you should be able to update it with impunity. Using the contextual menu to update a person's box won't affect the layout. Adding new stuff will have to be done manually (Object-->Add Box) and won't cause a problem, but if you create a new chart from the family card, you'll have to start from scratch.

zrohit
16 February 2006, 11:38 AM
Is there way to create a Pedigree chart in Landscape mode. I find even the simple pedigree charts take up two pages. If I could change them to Landscape mode then I am sure they could fit on one page.

thanks in advance

ttl
16 February 2006, 01:15 PM
If you want to change the page orientation, you can do it in File-->Page Setup, and the chart will adjust accordingly. If you want to change the actual shape of the tree, Tree-->Orientation-->Top to Bottom will generally draw a tree that's wider than it is tall. It may end up being more spread out than you want, though... the Left to Right orientation is usually more compact.

RCarruthers
16 February 2006, 06:19 PM
Is there way to create a Pedigree chart in Landscape mode. I find even the simple pedigree charts take up two pages. If I could change them to Landscape mode then I am sure they could fit on one page.

thanks in advance

Might even choose Legal size (8 1/2 x 14) paper in Paper Selection at the same time

Dick Carruthers

AE Palmer
17 February 2006, 07:02 PM
Might even choose Legal size (8 1/2 x 14) paper in Paper Selection at the same timeIndeed, using landscape with legal paper is a great method of making single page charts. It's all done in the printer setup function. Also, I find that making the informational text noticably smaller: 6 point, and the name 12 point, bold to make very attractive charts.