PDA

View Full Version : Book Form Pedigree Charts

Ed Dorroh
15 September 2005, 11:09 PM
Is there any way to create a "book form" Pedigree Chart? I.e. one that is divided along 8/5 x 11 page boundaries with indications of which page to go to for the "next" generation. I have yet to find a satisfactory way of printing a Reunion Pedigree chart.
Those of you who have ever used or seen FTM for PCs know what I mean. Each page has about two generations of a portion of the tree, with pointers to page numbers to go up or down the tree.
Thanks,
Ed Dorroh

Frank
16 September 2005, 12:45 AM
Is there any way to create a "book form" Pedigree Chart? I.e. one that is divided along 8/5 x 11 page boundaries with indications of which page to go to for the "next" generation...It sounds like you're referring to "Cascading Pedigree" charts. Choose Create -> Cascading Pedigree.

gwenboucher
16 September 2005, 06:52 PM
Is there any way to create a "book form" Pedigree Chart? I.e. one that is divided along 8/5 x 11 page boundaries with indications of which page to go to for the "next" generation...Ed, with my Epson Stylus I have the option in Page Setup (under File) of choosing Binding Margins and can choose the amount of margin I need for left, right or alternate. To the right of the last column of people on the page is the page number for the preceding (earler) generations.

Gwen Boucher

Ed Dorroh
16 September 2005, 08:40 PM
It sounds like you're referring to "Cascading Pedigree" charts. Choose Create -> Cascading Pedigree.Frank,
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Can't think of a good excuse for not noticing that before - I'll claim it's a "senior moment." :-)
Ed