PDA

View Full Version : surnames of male-relatives-by-marriage

juadro
11 September 2005, 11:48 AM
Can I query my Reunion8 database in order to List the surnames of those who have joined-the-family-tree's-branches by marriage? Then I'll have a 'checklist' to keep in mind when I research, e.g., Ancestry.com's collection of census records - assuming, by now, I remember the surnames of the Family Tree's main characters.
I'm afraid the answer is, simply go through the Index and place appropriate check marks! Or, let me ask it this way: Is there an easy way to make a list of all surnames only?
Right now, I'm wishing I'd have the rights to delete this message - I'm not sure brain is working.

David G. Kanter
11 September 2005, 02:02 PM
Can I query my Reunion8 database in order to List the surnames of those who have joined-the-family-tree's-branches by marriage?How about if you go to the Family Card at the top of the tree (or the branch) for which you want to do that. [i][As juadro (Robert Steuer) points out in his later post, you need then to set the calculated Relationships to a person on that top-of-the-tree/branch card

juadro
11 September 2005, 05:48 PM
David, First I had to make that person the 'source person' - how come such a basic element of Reunion8 is such a criptic topic!!! - that only took about a half hour of researching the archives of ReunionTalk after I gave up on the manual.:eek:
Also, you'll notice, since I could, I changed the title of my post, but, I wasn't able to change the topic of the thread [which I deeply regret]. I really did not want to focus on males, but, both genders.
Anyway, I got your drift and ended up with the kind of list I was looking for. I can't prove it is thorough, but, I can vouch that it does not include any (almost) of the surnames of my main characters. Furthermore, I don't care if additional columns come along for the ride after that all important first column of related-by-marriage surnames.
:)
Robert Steuer

David G. Kanter
11 September 2005, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=juadro]David, First I had to make that person the 'source person'