PDA

View Full Version : Reunion 5 to Reunion 8

Maxine Crabtree
08 September 2005, 01:45 AM
I am going to upgrade from version 5 to version 8 and would like to know if a user's guide comes with version 8. I seem to remember that version 6 did not have a paper manual, and there were a lot of unhappy Reunion users. I don't know if I can handle an online guide. Maxine

David G. Kanter
08 September 2005, 03:10 AM
I am going to upgrade from version 5 to version 8 and would like to know if a user's guide comes with version 8.Yes; there's a comprehensive electronic manual that is installed on your computer as part of the routine installation.
I seem to remember that version 6 did not have a paper manual, and there were a lot of unhappy Reunion users.Some users (including myself) were, at least initially, bothered by not having a hardcopy manual; however, the folks at Leister Productions have provided an excellent, easily searched, well-written, manual

metfordplatt
09 September 2005, 07:31 AM
Please don't hesitate to upgrade to Reunion 8. I was also one of those people who was disappointed in not seeing a hard copy manual for the software. I agree with David that Reunion 8 remains very intuitive and that the "on-line" manual is very good. It stays on your hard drive and answers many questions as you go along. Unfortunately I disagree slightly in that I still wish I had a hard copy. I keep on going back to the old guide to look for things I might have missed. I enjoyed reading the old guide (that's why I keep it!) because it was such easy reading. I am sure I still miss things in Reunion 8 because the software is so complete. I just found out some new things this week in fact (which would have been more accessible if I had read it first). But, DO UPGRADE TO REUNION 8! You will love it and you won't regret it for a minute or any cent you have spent on it! Michel