PDA

View Full Version : Source Usage Report to FP7

Art Sivigny
06 September 2005, 08:23 PM
Any of you FileMaker wizards out there figured out an easy way to get Reunion's Source Usage Report into a simple database with two fields, Person (or Family) ID and Source number?
Art

theKiwi
06 September 2005, 10:13 PM
Just to clarify, presumably you're trying to get a line that looks like this in Reunion's output:

10 Person 2600, 5040 ** Family 1006

Into FileMaker as 3 separate records that look like this

10 Person 2600
10 Person 5040
10 Family 1006

?

If so, there's some serious text manipulation needed I guess <g>

Roger

Tom Robinson
09 September 2005, 02:58 AM
Any of you FileMaker wizards out there figured out an easy way to get Reunion's Source Usage Report into a simple database with two fields, Person (or Family) ID and Source number?
Art
Give me a day or so and I'll write an AppleScript to get it in there.

Tom Robinson
09 September 2005, 05:01 AM
Art
OK, AppleScript finished. Anybody who's interested, please e-mail tom.robinson-at-paradise.net.nz

No AppleScript programming required. Very easy from FileMaker end.

Cheers

theKiwi
09 September 2005, 07:36 AM
I'd be interested in seeing this....

If it's a FileMaker file can you post it somewhere online for download and post the link here?

Or eMail it to me at

rogerkiwi at aol dot com

Thanks

Roger

S. Craig
10 September 2005, 02:28 AM
Hi!

Any of you FileMaker wizards out there figured out an easy way to get Reunion's Source Usage Report into a simple database with two fields, Person (or Family) ID and Source number?Talking about FileMakerPro, one thing I would like to be able to do is import my Address Book (v.4.0.2) contacts into a similar database in FMP (v.6). Is this do-able? I can't seem to do anything with the vCards in FMP. Maybe it is do-able in FMP 8 that has just come out.

Thanks for any input.

Sherry

theKiwi
10 September 2005, 08:22 AM
Talking about FileMakerPro, one thing I would like to be able to do is import my Address Book (v.4.0.2) contacts into a similar database in FMP (v.6). Is this do-able? I can't seem to do anything with the vCards in FMP. Maybe it is do-able in FMP 8 that has just come out.
If you go to http://versiontracker.com and search for

vcard FileMaker

you can find AB2FM which will do exactly what I think you're trying to do.

Roger

Art Sivigny
10 September 2005, 11:18 AM
OK, AppleScript finished. Anybody who's interested, please e-mail tom.robinson-at-paradise.net.nz

No AppleScript programming required. Very easy from FileMaker end.Tom
It works great! Thanks a lot!
Art

Tom Robinson
10 September 2005, 05:23 PM
This has proved quite popular!

I've created a page and made a download available:

http://www.tomrobinson.co.nz/reunion

I've made a small modification to the FileMaker database to save it prompting you about date formats (thanks Peter).

Please post any questions to this thread (for a week or so), as others may have the same questions.

Thanks to everyone for their appreciative comments!

Cheers

David G. Kanter
10 September 2005, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Tom Robinson]I've created a page and made a download available

Bob Partridge
10 September 2005, 09:59 PM
Tom-

Just joined today. You're wonderful to do this!

Bob

S. Craig
11 September 2005, 01:09 PM
If you go to http://versiontracker.com and search for
vcard FileMaker
you can find AB2FM which will do exactly what I think you're trying to do.Roger,

Thanks a million, it is exactly what I was looking for!!

Sherry

Gergely
12 September 2005, 06:51 PM
I've made a small modification to the FileMaker database to save it prompting you about date formats (thanks Peter).You are quite welcome.

Tom Robinson
14 September 2005, 05:21 AM
Any chance, Tom, you could similarly help those of us without FileMaker Pro, but who do have Microsoft Excel?
Can do, but I run a Microsoft-free machine, so it'll be in tab-delimited format which you can then import into Excel.

I'll report back here. Could be a week or so.

Cheers

Tom Robinson
24 September 2005, 09:15 PM
Any chance, Tom, you could similarly help those of us without FileMaker Pro, but who do have Microsoft Excel?
Done now!

Cheers

David G. Kanter
24 September 2005, 10:32 PM
Done now!Worked just as promised on a huge Source Report. Thanks

Geoff Tani
19 June 2007, 11:21 AM
To Tom Robinson:

I've been using your handy AppleScript to move R8 usage report data to FileMaker. Any chance you can update the script to work with R9?

R9 source usage reports also include citation detail data in parenthesis (). Any chance you can make your script port the citation detail also?

For example, a FileMaker db might have the following fields:

Source ID, Person ID, Person Memo, Family ID, Family Memo

- Just letting you know that your scripts continue to be useful. Thanks.

Tom Robinson
21 June 2007, 01:17 AM
I've been using your handy AppleScript to move R8 usage report data to FileMaker. Any chance you can update the script to work with R9?
Hey Geoff, good to know it's still being used :)

I've updated it to handle the various changes Reunion 9 introduces, including exporting the detail fields to FileMaker (which is a bit of a trick!)

Let me know how you get on.

Geoff Tani
21 June 2007, 08:51 AM
Tom, your latest AppleScript works like a charm. It's great! Thank you very much for updating it.

(I tested the Gedcom to FileMaker script, but not the Gedcom to .tab solution.)