PDA

View Full Version : Expanding on Reunion 8's standard web publishing

FRED DYKHUIZEN
01 September 2005, 09:55 AM
I would appreciate some basic help on expanding Reunion's limited (but excellent) web publication abilities both for CD's and actual web site publishing.

I would like to first generate a CD (DVD?) of all of my Reunion data, pics; etc. to send to family members .... then, establish a web site. How will they "open" the CD (DVD)? Does an icon (other than the disc) appear?

I am not real computer knowledgeable.....and limited with my recent Reunion 8 working knowledge (via Michael/Reunion)..... so would appreciate "step by step" directions (well, almost).

(1) How can I incorporate maps and family stories.... additional standard reports and charts created in Reunion...... accessible from and listed on.... the standard "cover page"?

(2) How complicated is it to incorporate such info? I understand I must utilize HTML editing software? Can you recommend the simplest (easiest and most economical) and to use? Is any of this "ability" possibly already available in my iMAC (800 MHz G4 and OSX 10.4.2) and related software?

(2) If I understand it correct....I will have to use the same HTML editing software to update site changes along the way? I noticed that Reunion shows choices for HTM and HTML.....what should I use?

Thanks, in advance, for your help

Fred
fdyk@earthlink. net

Researching: Dykhuizen(Netherlands)....Dobard (Louisiana and France).....Schwartz (Louisiana and Germany)...Scholl (England)

LarryN
02 September 2005, 10:05 PM
I recently read your question about making a genealogical CD or DVD.

That's exactly what I wrote about for Heritage Quest magazine a while ago.

Because this is the start of a holiday weekend, I am not able to get to a copy right away to send, but you may wish to take a look at the following web page. The man who did it did exactly what you want to do, it seems.

(http://www.bliley.net/family/Lula_Bliley/Album/Home.htm#CD_Info)

and

http://www.bliley.net/family/Lula_Bliley/Album/Home.htm

Chuck Bliley, the man who did this, is very freindly and will respond.

Please let me know if this helps

martha
06 September 2005, 02:45 AM
I recently read your question about making a genealogical CD or DVD.

That's exactly what I wrote about for Heritage Quest magazine a while ago.

I tried to get to your article, Larry, but couldn't manage it. Much of the site was unreachable. I even tried to sign up for the newsletter and couldn't do that!

Martha [in Israel]

LarryN
06 September 2005, 10:01 PM
I tried to get to your article, Larry, but couldn't manage it. Much of the site was unreachable. I even tried to sign up for the newsletter and couldn't do that!

Martha [in Israel]--send me email at larryn@frontiernet.net, and I will email a text copy.