PDA

View Full Version : Adding siblings

Larryhw
29 August 2005, 02:50 PM
I tried to add a sibling and the little drop down menu for siblings is grayed-out. Any ideas? I am using the latest version of Tiger and Reunion V. 8.

Steve W. Jackson
29 August 2005, 06:36 PM
I tried to add a sibling and the little drop down menu for siblings is grayed-out. Any ideas? ...The drop-down you refer to, if it's the one I think it is (at the upper left of the left-hand card, or upper right on the right-hand card) is for navigation to siblings, not creation. To create a sibling, you need to go to the parents and create a new child using the "+" item near the lower right, where you can add a New Male Child, etc.

= Steve =

Mary Arthur
29 August 2005, 06:41 PM
I tried to add a sibling and the little drop down menu for siblings is grayed-out. Any ideas?...You add children, not siblings. You must go the parents card to add someone, or do you mean that the plus sign at the bottom of the mothers side of the parents card is greyed out? If that is what you mean, then you do have a problem.

Larryhw
29 August 2005, 09:37 PM
You add children, not siblings. You must go the parents card to add someone, or do you mean that the plus sign at the bottom of the mothers side of the parents card is greyed out? If that is what you mean, then you do have a problem.So, I take it there is no way to create a sibling unless you create a parent. I am doing a family tree for a will and only needed a brother in the chart. I can add parents if I must. Thanks for the responses.