PDA

View Full Version : Number of mutimedia items per family/person

Ginny Pannier
18 August 2005, 03:57 PM
In the help manual it says you can have unlimited number of multimedia items per family/person. However, when I generate web family cards and include the web media page, only the first 36 images appear on the Media card. I have many people with over 50 photos. How do I get all the images to appear?

Thanks for any help.
Ginny

Michael
18 August 2005, 04:36 PM
In the help manual it says you can have unlimited number of multimedia items per family/person. However, when I generate web family cards and include the web media page, only the first 36 images appear on the Media card. I have many people with over 50 photos. How do I get all the images to appear?Hi Ginny,

Although you can enter an unlimited number of multimedia items in the family file, there is an intentional limitation on the number of the items displayed on the web media page.

What would you recommend as a limitation for this page?

Steve W. Jackson
18 August 2005, 07:02 PM
Hi Ginny,

Although you can enter an unlimited number of multimedia items in the family file, there is an intentional limitation on the number of the items displayed on the web media page.

What would you recommend as a limitation for this page?
Why not a continuation scheme, similar to what's done now with index pages, etc.? Seems reasonable and certainly not complex to implement for such fine programmers as those at Leister! :)

= Steve =

jimrite
19 August 2005, 08:22 AM
Seems that I recall a discussion about this a few years ago, at which time the Reunion Multimedia file was limited to 50 items. Is that not still the case? I would also like to see a scheme that permits display of unlimied items on web cards. My database has become the repository for the extended family's archives.
Jim

Ginny Pannier
19 August 2005, 09:34 PM
I too would like to see a continuation scheme - say 20 per page and then page numbers for the rest of the items.

Maybe this belongs in the wish list area, but I really like how TNG has a menu choice for photos regardless of who they are. The list that appears has a thumb nail of the image, a description and links to all the people in the photo. That would be great.

Thanks,
Ginny