PDA

View Full Version : Netscape Navigator Window Size

Martha Lyle
11 August 2005, 09:57 PM
Hope someone can help me, I've searched all over Apple website and don't find the answer. My Netscape Navigator v.7.2 window has suddenly become too large for the screen, and I can't access the resize button at the bottom. I know there's a place in my system where I can correct this, but I don't remember where -- yes, it's happened before, but quite a while back! I use OS 10.2.8 and have a 15" display. This is seriously hampering my genealogy work on the net!

Thanks for any help!
Martha Lyle

SGilbert
11 August 2005, 11:14 PM
You'll need to "grab" the top bar and slide it as much to the left as you possibly can, as you need to access the bottom right corner of the window.

There, you'll see a few slanted stripes. Click and hold these stripes to move them left (making the window narrower). Then you can return to the top to center your window.

Martha Lyle
13 August 2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks, but that doesn't work. I can slide to the left, but not upwards, so the resize bottom corner never is seen. I'm sure there's somewhere, I think in System Prefs, to fix this, but I cannot find it. My habit when getting info off the net is to toggle back and forth from Netscape to the family file I'm working on, checking for possible matches, etc. Can't do this very easily when Netscape takes up the whole screen!
Martha Lyle

ttl
13 August 2005, 05:04 PM
Have you tried clicking the green zoom button a couple of times? If that doesn't work, this is something else to try:

Go to the System Preferences for Displays. Make a note of your current screen resolution and then choose a much higher resolution if one's available. That will give you more screen real estate which might let you grab the corner of the window. Once you resize it, you can go back to your original screen resolution.

vineviz
13 August 2005, 05:05 PM
I can't replicate the problem, so I cannot be sure these solutions will remedy the problem.

You can close the window by typing (simultaneously) SHIFT-APPLE-W if Netscape is the active window.

You can also do this from the menu bar (File>>Close Window) if you can see it.

A properly sized window should appear the next time you launch Netscape.

You can also try resizing your monitor (System Preferences>>Monitors) to a smaller size then reverting to your normal size. This sometimes will force the program to redraw the browser window correctly.

Martha Lyle
13 August 2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for everybody's help with this! And especially to David Kanter! It was the green dot at the top left of the screen that did the job! Thanks, again, everybody!

Martha Lyle