PDA

View Full Version : Circus Ponies Notebook

clairebettag
10 September 2009, 07:28 PM
I'm new to the forum and searched the archives for discussion of this topic, but did not see anything (please excuse me if I'm wrong and just direct me to that discussion). I have used Reunion for many years and am a real fan. Just recently someone suggested that a good companion software to Reunion is Circus Ponies Notebook. Has anyone used the two programs together? If so, can you suggest some of the ways Notebook could complement the already great features of Reunion?

Claire Bettag

Bob Goode
10 September 2009, 10:12 PM
I'm new to the forum and searched the archives for discussion of this topic, but did not see anything (please excuse me if I'm wrong and just direct me to that discussion). I have used Reunion for many years and am a real fan. Just recently someone suggested that a good companion software to Reunion is Circus Ponies Notebook. Has anyone used the two programs together? If so, can you suggest some of the ways Notebook could complement the already great features of Reunion?

Claire Bettag

Try these threads: http://www.reuniontalk.com/showthread.php?t=2353&highlight=Circus+Ponies

http://www.reuniontalk.com/showthread.php?t=5174&highlight=Circus+Ponies

While not focusing just on Circus Ponies Notebook they are good discussions of companion software.

Bob

Troy
11 September 2009, 08:39 AM
Claire---

I will offer my 2-cents worth on the subject.

I bought Notebook and tried to use it in conjunction with (to support, if you will) my use of Reunion.

Notebook is a nice program, but I just could not get it to handle my data like I really wanted it too, so I went searching for an alternative.

I looked at DevonThinkPro Office which is very capable, but a little too expensive for me (e.g., old and on a fixed income), so I kept looking and found Together (Reinvented Software).

Together is also very capable and was within my budget. Although Together is not as sophisticated as DevonThinkPro Office, it handles my needs well.

Just a thought.

Hope this helps some.

Troy---

Sara
11 September 2009, 06:49 PM
I have a few cents to add to this discussion also. I use Circus Ponies' Notebook program extensively. I just counted and currently I have 28 separate Notebooks. Several of these are for surnames, some for states, some for countries. I also keep one just for genealogy related email correspondence. I really love this program.

kmgenealogy
12 September 2009, 02:42 AM
I have a few cents to add to this discussion also. I use Circus Ponies' Notebook program extensively. I just counted and currently I have 28 separate Notebooks. Several of these are for surnames, some for states, some for countries. I also keep one just for genealogy related email correspondence. I really love this program.

I just purchased Notebook. I started the program and then stopped. I really don't know where to start - should I go by surnames, whatever? Could you either give us a little more detail on how you use your various Notebooks, i.e. what you have as contents, etc., or, if you don't want to put details here, could you please send me an email to kmgenealogy at mac dot com. Maybe you could send some shots of your content pages and some examples? I'm a very visual person and not very creative until I get a background in something.

Whatever you can share, either here or via email, will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Kaye

Sara
12 September 2009, 05:54 PM
Whatever you can share, either here or via email, will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Kaye

I replied to Kaye at the email address she included. If anyone else is interested you can email me at the address below & I'll send you a copy of what I sent her which are pdfs of the contents pages of a few of the notebooks.

Sara
08 April 2010, 06:55 PM
I was quite ill from just before Christmas until recently with a nasty case of pneumonia. During that time I received several requests for the Circus Ponies info I had sent to Kaye. I'm sorry I was unable to answer you. If you'll try again I'll try to find what I sent her.