PDA

View Full Version : Outliner for group photos?

Blaise A. Darveaux
03 September 2009, 09:57 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know of any shareware (or low cost application) that can make an outline of people in a group photograph, for the purposes of adding numbers or names to aid in the identification of the people in the image? Can Graphic Converter do it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Blaise A. Darveaux

S. Kennedy
04 September 2009, 12:05 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know of any shareware (or low cost application) that can make an outline of people in a group photograph, for the purposes of adding numbers or names to aid in the identification of the people in the image? Can Graphic Converter do it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Blaise A. Darveaux

Blaise,
My current method is to use Photoshop to make a light copy of the picture and then add numbers over each person. However, Photoshop is not low cost so you might consider something I did a number of years ago if you have a scanner. I placed tracing paper over the photo and drew an outline of the people, hand numbered the people and then scanned that back into the computer. I usually then paste the index picture into the top half of a canvas and type the names in the bottom half with the corresponding numbers. I would recommend Graphic Converter as a low cost substitute for PS but the numbers are not on separate layers so they are harder to manipulate for best color and placement,

S.Kennedy.

Bob White
04 September 2009, 02:25 PM
You can make the process cheaper, unless you already have a version of Photoshop, with Pixelmator. Check it out at http://www.pixelmator.com/. Current price is $59. I have all three (Photoshop CS3, Photoshop Elements 6 and Pixelmator) and I usually turn to Pixelmator when I need layers. Had it been developed earlier, it is likely I would have not had any reason to buy either Photoshop product.