PDA

View Full Version : Marriage ... (RELI & CIVIL)

timokracke
26 April 2009, 01:42 PM
Hi all,

I have a problem with my latest project (an Ortsfamilienbuch for Harpstedt).
We have a lot of entries for marriages and all entered with the GEDCOM - MARR-Tag in Reunion.

Later in the church-books we have also the informations from the German Standesamt (civil registry office) marriage date. So, where to but these informations in?!

Maybe the MARL-Tag?!
Any ideas about that ...

- Timo

Reiner L. Sauer
28 April 2009, 06:04 AM
Hi Timo,

Hi all,

I have a problem with my latest project (an Ortsfamilienbuch for Harpstedt).
We have a lot of entries for marriages and all entered with the GEDCOM - MARR-Tag in Reunion.

Later in the church-books we have also the informations from the German Standesamt (civil registry office) marriage date. So, where to but these informations in?!

Maybe the MARL-Tag?!
Any ideas about that ...

- Timo

You could take the following approach.

Under preferences (Family)
1. rename "Marriage" into "Heirat (rel.)" leave GEDCOM tag "MARR"
2. rename "Common Law" to "Heirat (Ziv.)" and apply GEDCOM tag "_CIV" [This way, when you enter the first marriage event you can toggle on the main family card between a religious marriage ceremony and a civil marriage ceremony
3. add (under Family Events) a second field "Heirat (rel.)" with GEDCOM tag MARR
4. add (under Family Events) a second field "Heirat (ziv.) with GEDCOM tag _CIV

Number 3 allows you to enter a religious wedding date, if the first one entered happened to be a civil (i.e. 2). Number 4 allows you to enter a civil wedding date, if the first one entered happend to be a religious (i.e. 1)

This may sound complicated, but is pretty easy to deal with. One advantage it has is, that the marriage date field, which visible on the main family card, is always populated if you have wedding data. I like that for easy and quick reference. Depending on how you populate the respective location fields (e.g. "Christuskirche, Harpstedt" or "Standesamt, Harpstedt" you can quickly tell which type of wedding it was.

Regards
Reiner